FP2 randomly shuts down, will NOT reboot

Hi, this has happened to me a couple of times in the past week. Both times, my phone was in sleep mode and when I tried to use it again, it was totally dead. I could not turn it on or do anything until I took out the battery and reinserted it. then it boots up like normal.

I did the update, and both times it happened after the update.

Occasionally the phone randomly reboots when I am browsing online but this is different.

Thanks of any suggestions.

Instead of taking out the battery, try to hold the power button for a long time in this state. If it reboots after holding it about 13 seconds, you might experience this issue.

Moreover, random reboots have already been reported as well in this topic.

Hi, please also tell us what OS version you have :wink:

Oh sorry, I thought it was indicated by saying I had the update… oops.
OS 1.2.8 :slight_smile:

I have the same (or a very similar) problem. I am actually wondering if there’s any difference between the problem reported in this thread and the one here?

I tested it with the OS versions fp2-sibon-16.04.0-image-userdebug and a self-compiled one with the 2.0.1 binary blobs but no modifications.

By the way, as has been mentioned in the other thread, long-pressing the power button (for me about 20 seconds) has helped most (if not all) people in that they don’t need to take out the battery to start the phone when it is in the frozen state.

Long pressing the power button works. Thanks! It has only happened a couple of times, so I feel lucky …!

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.