FP2 new USB-C bottom module new batch [SORRY, ordering closed]

Hello,

thanks again for developing and distributing this improved bottom module! It’s working perfectly fine :slight_smile:

I only forgot to install the membrane, covering the speaker, so my FP2’s sound gets scratchy on higher volume, as described here before. Unfortunately, it seems like I threw away the old bottom module including that membrane.
Does anyone has such a membrane in spare, so I could obtain it?

Have a nice day!
Thomas :slight_smile:

1 Like

Some have wedged paper behind the speaker, some have glued the modules shut, I did sometimes but getting rid of that problem completely is very hard.

you can send me a PM I have several broken bottom modules, would be shipped from Germany

1 Like

Hi!
I wanted to share pictures of the just printed usb-c case I made using 3D model provided by Leo.
I used a really bright green so I won’t be able to forget or look too long for my phone again (yeah I know, it’s not the prettiest color available but I don’t care).
I used PLA with a 0.15mm thread width.

I just had a small warping issue in the lower-left angle, so the junction is not perfect in this angle but all seems sturdy and I can operate all buttons and plug the usbc cable without issue.

Until now, I used a spare case I had cut to let the cable pass, so this is now a huge improvement, actually. :sweat_smile:

7 Likes

I love the colour personally! Reminds the geek inside me of Hollywood hackers :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Does this offer still stand? :slight_smile:

What offer are you referring to. The bottom module offer is closed.

Are you looking for a bottom module? There’s a Search category for that and topics on repairing the mic and the usb port if that helps.

Most likely to the offer in the post pmn was replying to…

1 Like

Hello @pmn ,
Sorry, as you may find by expanding replies, @wvengen was the first to ask and the module is now gone.
Hope you will find a spare soon!

1 Like

Hello, Leo and everyone in this forum post. I have a suggestion, tell me if you agree or if it makes sense to you. Right now there are few to no bottom modules being sold in the forum (if you look for them no offers are being posted/instantly closed), and it will continue that way until there are no more FP2’s to be sold, as you can’t buy it from the official page anymore.
Could you share the files publicly so that these people can print and assemble the bottom module themselves? I know that in terms of business this probably isn’t the best idea, but it would really help extend the life of Fairphone 2’s in general, since the bottom module as a spare part was discontinued in April 2021.

1 Like

Hi Seity and welcome to the forum

You may want to read a few other topics on this especially the one below as there is a lot more to it than having access to the print file for the housing.

There’s the PCB and components to acquire.

2 Likes

I really haven’t been keeping up with the bottom modules because I have a lot to do. But I never had anything against sharing the files, the forum doesn’t allow the file type though. Anyone who wants the files can get them, for personal and commercial use as long as I’m not responsible for damages and am correctly accredited.

4 Likes

Hm I see. Do you have them posted anywhere other than here? I know the Fairphone subreddit is pretty active, and doesn’t have any limitations regarding format files or third-party websites like google drive. Could you try there?

1 Like

I could probably do a google drive. So far I’ve always just send it to people directly over email there isn’t a good documentation on how to print them so I always help out a little

6 Likes

Hey there! Did you end up making it?

1 Like

I did not, but am willing to provide to anyone asking, you don’t have to buy one, I give wll files to anyone asking

3 Likes

I’m sadly a year or two late to the party, but great work on making this happen - I’d love one (in the UK!) should anybody have a spare to sell! @Leo_TheCrafter - please could I have a copy of the designs to have a look at for my interest, and see what sort of complexity it might be if I did have a go at making one!

3 Likes

Sure, just DM me, I need your email

3 Likes

It’ll take a while until @AntMan232 has the Trust Level to be able to DM here.

Yes as @urs_lesse notes so/but you can sent a DM to @AntMan232 and they can reply with email :slight_smile:

2 Likes