FP2 new USB-C bottom module new batch [SORRY, ordering closed]

This is what remains from the old unit for the speaker.

1 Like

Then you really did take over everything. This is unfortunately a known issue

OK; thank you. Then I’ll have a closer look, to see if there is anything I can do to reduce the broken sound. If it comes from within the speaker or from vibrations around it.

1 Like

Dear Leo,

thanks a lot for the new module! Still, I have that sound problem - need to check if I installed the speaker correctly.
Anyway, a big, virtual and antiseptic hug to you and thanks for all your efforts!!!
It’s people like you who make Fairphone much more than only fair and who give hope for a good future.

Health and happiness to you and to your loved ones!
Thomas :slight_smile:

8 Likes

Hello everyone! I’d only know the state-of-the-art of this topic, i.e. now for a FP2 owner with broken primary microphone out of warranty, is there any solution before buying another mobile?
Thanks in advance , I read many messages but it’s 1,700 I’m at work :slight_smile: after all

1 Like

Hi

So have you read the topics on repairing the mic either yourself or getting someone with relevant skills to do it quicker.

And I suppose using a headset often is not practical.

2 Likes

Thanks a lot, I’ll try the second way :-))) and yes, I’m using an headset VEEEERY often :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Check the speaker and if you have used all the membranes and gaskets. This is however a known issue. Thanks for the support, I appreciate it.

1 Like

hallo leo,
habe dein päckchen erhalten. danke!
doch wie geht die bezahlung?
sag mal bescheid.
grüße aus berlin!
christina

1 Like

I will write you a private message, I only do bank transfer.

hello leo,
i changed everything around following schuetzin’s instructions. no problem :).
but now i cannot connect the phone to the charger.
it seems to be a different plug? not the same ‘micro-usb’-one as in the old module.
did i misunderstand and should i swap that 'round as well?
thanks for you help!

1 Like

It is an USB-C connector, I hope that was obvious

2 Likes

ah, oh, danke. ich leb etwas hinterm mond…

1 Like

Hello Leo
I love the coloured cases! If you haven’t yet made mine, and you still have some blue or green filament available, I’d love a coloured one please. Don’t worry if you’ve already made mine though. Thanks for everything.

1 Like

I have written it down, I will do it if possible, the only color in stock is blue, the green ones were a custom request.

Had speaker problems as well. I put very little (super)glue on the four corners of the black unit of the speaker, so that the unit is fixed to the frame and cannot any longer move. Since then the audio of the speaker is much better, even though its not like as it used to be originally.

Hope that helps someone here with the same problems.

Cheers

5 Likes

Thanks a lot, bastoGrande! That is certainly worth trying!

3 Likes

My two cents over the crackling sound (at high volume)

My solution is to simply place paper (folded several times on itself to generate enough thickness) between the outermost phone case and the pad/net covering the speaker’s whole. Crackling is gone :smiley:

6 Likes

Hello.
I see a lot of people missed the train and look for a bottom module desperately. As I ordered two bottom modules out of precaution and the first one seems to work perfectly, I can sell for no profit the second one as it will surely be more useful for the buyer.
I can sell my second module at the price I paid (15€) + shipping fees (no idea what it will cost, probably about 5€ but I will check when I will get the destination country).
As I don’t want to pay any tax and limit shipping risks, please ask me only if you live in EU.
Also, first arrived, first served. You have to post here if you are interested, then we will exchange personal details by PM. As I want this to be the more transparent possible, personal messages won’t get priority over public posts here.
Thanks for your understanding! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hi @usewriter, I’m interested (living in NL)!