FP2 is getting slow

I read some where a #kickstart can revitalise the battery.

Never sure about such an idea, but it may refer to the battery monitoring which may a) give false readings and b) stop it charging fully.

1 Like

I also carried a second battery to change fast. But not everytime that worked well. Sometimes the second battery drained very fast showing me a good level in the beginning. I also tried a extra Charger for the battery outside of the Phone, but I ended buying a 20.000 mAh power bank.
If you open the phone once a day to change the akku, you increase the risk of breaking the shell.

And I store a second Fairphone which is also my spare parts store :slight_smile:

3 Likes

The phone has an algorithm to assess the battery and keeps data on it. Plus the battery logs info to send to the algorithm.

If you switch batteries the stored data is not appropriate so charging can easily not be optimal. Hence the idea of kickstarting is useful.

5 Likes

I already read about the kickstart and I think I will try. What you write is exactly what I have already suspected, namely that the battery or the smartphone has a kind of memory regarding the state of charge of the battery. Carrying a second battery is therefore not a suitable method against short battery runtimes.

1 Like

Mon FP 2 est Ă©galement devenu de plus en plus lent malgrĂ© la derniĂšre mise Ă  jour dĂ©but janvier. je dois fermer les applications en arriĂšre plan si j’en ouvre une , sinon elle met trop de temps Ă  s’ouvrir . La 4 G ne fonctionne pas toujours lĂ  oĂ» sur un autre tĂ©lĂ©phone elle s’affiche!
Bon, l’utilisation principale: “tĂ©lĂ©phoner” fonctionne bien ! Je pense acheter le FP4 avant la fin de cette annĂ©e 2022

Translation Google :
My FP 2 has also become increasingly slow despite the last update in early January. I have to close background apps if I open one, otherwise it takes too long to open. 4G doesn’t always work where on another phone it shows!
Well, the main use: “telephone” works well! I am thinking of buying the FP4 before the end of this year 2022

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.