FP2 Frequent crashes requiring reboot by holding power button >10s

I do have 1.0.1. It’s possible it was upgraded AFTER that restart though! Not sure of the timeline. I’ll keep an eye out!

1 Like

I also have the same problem. At first it used to reboot randomly and it was already very annoying. And now it completely shuts off, i cannot turn it on with the button, i have to take off the battery, it’s getting on my nerves, i cannot rely on my phone anymore…:confused:

I’m also suffering from this issue. The phone will freeze 3/4 times a day and other times (when using an app, like WhatsApp or Open Camera) it will freeze for a few seconds then reboot. This is incredibly frustrating since I use my phone for work. Having the phone randomly reboot while using Google Maps in the car is especially frustrating. According g to the Crash Reporter I’ve logged 22 crash reports in the last three weeks but the phone has definitely crashed at least double that amount. Anyone know what actuay happens to the crash reports when they get sent off? Love the fairphone in theory but it’s frustrating reboots make it so unreliable I may well be switching back to my old HTC soon

I’ve just received a support ticket asking me to return the phone for a replacement. Crikey!

After completing our diagnosis, we have concluded that your device is faulty

I suspect this is after reviewing the crash reports. I wonder what’s going on :frowning:

1 Like

I had this about once every 2 days. Since the latest 1.10.1 update my phone has been rock solid.

My phone might be more stable on 1.10.1. It is still crashing in the same way, but it feels a lot less often. I was getting it multiple times a day before the update. Seems to be every couple of days now.

It just does the same as removing the battery… without the hassle of removing the battery!

1 Like

For me, these are gone after the latest update (FP Open). Now I only have random reboots… and a 12-year-old SIM card, and a self-repaired SIM card slot. :slight_smile: But the annoying crashes are gone, now I’m not afraid of missing an alarm or an important call anymore!

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.