FP2: Fairphone OS and Fairphone Open 21.10.0-rel.2

Mise à jour d´Android sur le Fairphone 2, bravo Fairphone !
Merci beraucoup.
Le jour où mon FP2 “meurt”, je prends le dernier de chez vous.

4 Likes

7 years after releasing the phone and you’re still publishing security updates. Kudos to you guys, you’re doing an amazing job.

I’m currently running /e/ OS on my FP2, how could I have those kernel update without reflashing the whole OS?

5 Likes

As far as I know, /e/OS Android 10 is also based on LineageOS 17.1, so your FP2 might have already gotten this.

3 Likes

My FP2 is also running /e/ OS and the kernel version is 3.4.113. You find this in Settings->About Phone->Android version->Kernel version.

3 Likes

Hm yes but does that include the Wi-Fi improvements described above?

1 Like

Hello, where can I find please the manual version fp2-gms-21.10.0-rel.2-manual.zip? Thanks!

I hope this file will be added here shortly:

3 Likes

The manual switcher file is already here, if it’s any help … Download Releases — FAIRPHONE open source documentation (see “Manual switcher to Fairphone OS”).

3 Likes

The update was installed today on my FP2 running the Open OS. All is fine. So great, what Fairphone is doing.
Thank You!

Best Regards

Marcus

5 Likes

FWIW, the update went smoothly for me too. It was only since the previous update to 21.08 that I could update my FP2 without doing a full wipe - something to do with LSposed, GravityBox and other peculiarities I have running, no doubt.

The previous update required some resetting and reinstalling of modules to get them to work again, this time around all I had to do was reinstall Magisk and it all ran (with some very minor hiccups that were solved by disabling and re-enabling some settings in GravityBox).

I don’t imagine any of this is part of a conscious effort to make the lives of tinkering nerds easier, but it has and I’m glad. Thanks for the update!

2 Likes

I hope the release notes get added here soon as well - that’s where I went looking for it after getting an update. Took me a few days to realize that forums exist as well.

Hello,

Update doesn’t work on my FP2…
Actually I’m on Open 21.08.1-rel.0

In Fairphone Updater I download the Update. Download is ok and I push to Install.
Installation begin and my phone reboot at nearly 20% of the installation processing.
It reboot on TWRP and begin to install a file. Then installation stop with this message about issue on zip signature of the file “block.map”.
Then I reboot System and… Nothing

Anyone can help me ?

And sorry for my bad english… :frowning:

Thanx !

Probably a manual installation might help?

https://code.fairphone.com/projects/fp-osos/user/fairphone-open-source-os-downloads.html#download-releases

4 Likes

I’m already downloading the zip file. :wink:
I will tell you…

Thanx

1 Like

Manual installation : successfull !
Thank you @yvmuell :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Merci pour ces mises à jour après plus de 5 ans d’utilisation du FP2 ! J’espère grâce à ces mises à jour le garder encore longtemps…

1 Like

7 posts were split to a new topic: :de: Upgrade von Fairphone OS 19.11.2 auf 21.10.0

A post was merged into an existing topic: :de: Upgrade von Fairphone OS 19.11.2 auf 21.10.0