FP2 display intermittent

I dropped my FP2 and it’s not been the same since. The display unit usually starts fading / leaking vertically / blanking out altogether. I can sometimes get it to work for a few minutes by bending/flexing the whole phone in one direction or the other. Is there any simple maintenance/cleaning I could try myself without making it worse?

1 Like

I did not experienced this behavior by myself.
You can try disassemble the phone and have a look for anything broken. Also you can compare it with the pictures on the official website or ifixit.com if you are nit sure how it should look.
If there is a Fairphone Angel close to your location, send a message if your want help.

1 Like

I have the same problem.
I’d describe it this way:
It looks like the contacts between the display and the core module are loose.
But when I disassemble the phone, all contacts look good.

It looks like there might be a problem in the core module, since I am now getting problems with my headphones too.

@ElKrasso:
Disassembling and reassembling the phone fixes the problem for a short while but it always comes back.

I read on another thread that some people insert some card behind the core module to exert pressure on the contacts, And it sometimes works. I don’t feel confident taking the core module out though, I need to find the right video to watch

When the disassembling worked, you can try wiping the contacts with a little alcohol to improve the electrical contact between the pogo pins and the modules.
Also the cardboard trick worked for some people.

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.