FP2 cracked case after 3 weeks (see first post)

Thanks, anyway I have to send the phone back to service since the left side (5mm) of the touchscreen is unresponsive. FYI, in the second case I received , the crack starts to appear on the corner at the same side of the volume control.

2 Likes

Hey @steve, my colleague Michiel answered you now! Thank you for your apatience and our apologies for the delay to answer.

also fingernails do a great job (not for girls, though)

A post was merged into an existing topic: Screen cracked on opening case

Hey there, what you have discriped is exactly what happened to my Fairphone, but unfortunately this is not the only problem I have. My Screen shows areas that are lighter than others and scrolling is still sometimes not possible, the pages are just drifting away. although I have made the latest update.

Are you experiencing bright spots on the display?

That sounds like crazy touch inputs.

1 Like

Here’s why I wanted to hold on to my original cracked case and wait to replace it:

Laugh or cry? This is how it came out of the bubble wrap pouch. I haven’t touched it or opened it. I’ll just put some glue on my old one for now.

@anon73900052 Thanks for the card and please let me know what I can do to help with this issue!

1 Like

You are right in both descriptions.I already posted my problems to support, have to wait for an answer, I suppose.

Ooh, is that the new case I sent you!?

Yup, unfortunately :frowning:

Is this a similar crack?

Hey @Joachim_Schmitt this is a know issue on some translucent back cover. Please contact us at the CS team to get a replacement.

3 Likes

I just saw this morning that my cover is starting to crack. I’ve already raised a ticket.
See Request #102715

1 Like

Hi all,
just to mention, I do have a black translucent backcover and it is also broken. I opened a ticket about two weeks ago (#100770) and got no answer, unfortunately. In the meantime, there a cracks at all four corners. Here is a picture of the worst one:

Hi guys - glad I’m not alone. I’ve had this same issue and have opened a ticket - anyone received a replacement blue case that didn’t experience this problem?

I notice no-one has been saying the same complaint regarding the fully transparent cover - I’ve asked in my support request if they could send me one of those instead…

I am in the process of returning my second FP2 due to a defective screen. But as I carefully removed the Black Translucent cover to return it it cracked like many above at the corner of the camera aperture. This is the first time it was opened. I’m posting here to note that this is apparently a widespread issue with both translucent covers.

I want to support Fairphone very much, and am hoping that I’ll be lucky with my unit the third time, but having now been waiting for a functioning phone since February, and encountering four major defects in the first two phones I received, I’m worried it’s the last chance.

I know. Feeling a bit deflated myself now. Cracked case, screen replaced with another defective screen, flickering display, temperamental Bluetooth, incompatible apps, random reboots… And that’s just mine, others may have different issues. I haven’t updated to 1.2.8 and I haven’t even dared installing the FP OSOS I had been so eagerly awaiting - so scared of it becoming more dysfunctional than before…

1 Like

I have the same problem

Oh don’be scared. Here you find mostly people who had issues with phone. My blue cover is not broken (and I opened FP2 several times), the display flickers (not so much) only with low brightness, I don’have found any incompatible app and I’ve never experienced a reboot…so some FP2 work well indeed :relaxed:

2 Likes

Particularly if you experience issues I’d strongly recommend to update, as the updates are supposed to fix issues!

1 Like