Hello everybody. I’m new to this forum, hope I don’t break any etiquette while here
I am writing here today following the accidental release of Marshmallow. As an enthusiast Android user, I immediately did the upgrade. As multiple other people, I had a boot loop (described by some people , the phone constantly trying to “optimize app”. I had to do the factory reset (a lot of lost data, but that’s life… shame on me for not updating my backups). But still no luck.
From here I tried a lot of solutions and installation (all following the official guides from FP). Basically, I tried :
- “Update” with the previous Fairphone OS 1.13.0, but as it was over a newer, not allowed to do so.
- Install the 1.13.0 with a clean install. It almost worked, as I managed to have a running phone but very buggy : the notification center did not work, as well as the Home and ‘Previous app’ (is that the name?) buttons. Really not a fully working phone…
So finally I tried to install the Fairphone Open OS (latest again, 1.13.0). Here again it almost worked. I had a running android, everything seemed fine. But I installed the GAPPS , one essential (for me) app (Telegram Messenger), and there it was buggy. I barely managed to open the app and configure it (later attempts failed, app stops responding), and every once in a while the phone “freeze” (meaning it is still running, but power button does turn the screen on).
Additionally I tried :
- With FPOS, to update to the same version with updater : 4 out of 5 attempts ended in the same “frozen phone” as described earlier. One completed, but did nothing useful (still no home button etc.)
- With FPOOS, upgrade to FPOS using udpater. Update failed miserably multiple times.
- With FPOOS, “upgrade” to same FPOOS version, successfully but with no effect on stability.
- At some point (honestly I did so many things, I can’t remember what path led me to that), I had a running Marshmallow but also buggy.
So yeah, I’m kinda lost right now. Is my phone bricked ? Is there a way to install I haven’t tried yet, to do a complete clean install ? Shall I go to the vendor and try to have it changed (hate this consumerist solution) ?
I think I told you everything needed… If not, please tell me and I’ll provide you with as much info as I can.
Thanks in advance for you help ! (would have put more links to my researches, but I’m not allowed as a new user)