FP1/1U battery security specs

Hi Fairphoners, I sold a used Fairphone to somebody in the US and I am going
to ship it these days. When I called DHL-Express today, they said I could ship the phone as long as it meets certain requirements. One important information I need is the prove of so called UN-measures. I need to prove, that the Fairphone battery is a “UN3481” battery. I did not find any Infos on that in the online shop or in the Fairphone specs. I also already tried to contact the customer zendesk, but no answer from them so far. Doeas anyone know were to obtain those infos? I also did not find it in the original package I have… Thanks!

Odd, I thought the UN3481 was just used as a description (in this case a Li-Ion battery inside or with equipment), but not necessarily as a specific standard.
If I follow DHL’s chart, it most likely wouldn’t even need special labelling (unless going to/from Asia-Pacific regions) - batteries contained in equipment, <20 Wh per Cell (as the entire battery is 9.2 Wh), 1 battery, and most likely 1 cell, though I can’t prove the last bit…

3 Likes

Thanks @Johannes for the chart, even if it is form DHL UK. Not sure if DHL Germany has the same requirements. I am a also a bit unsecure about shiping the Fairphone to the US without any certain description about the content of the parcel. Does anybody has experience with that? Thanks!

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.