FP Open OS 16.07 is now available

I see, i thought that it was a version issue with TWRP that couldn’t handle encrypted /data.
In any case, I hope this will be fixed rather sooner than later.

Interesting finding:
FPOOS 16.07.01 still runs on the old baseband firmware, so the version from FPOS 1.4.2+ hasn’t been implemented in the FPOOS yet.

3 Likes

I solved it by wiping the dalvik cache. And then re-installing Gapps Pico. But then one must reinstall everything, including the homescreens.

Update went fine for me.

Well, there has been a change in encryption with lollipop at least on some devices (Qualcomm?). If one checks XDA or twrp forums, you can see this problem. I successfully updated after quite some hassle, also probably because of too old opengapps. My devices is encrypted also, btw
I also got the error wiping cache, but at least on Android cache indeed seems to be on its own partition. Maybe some more investigation is necessary, but not this evening :slight_smile:

And, after everything was OK again, I also flashed Xposed. Successfully

Yes, re- installing open Gapps did the trick also for me. I finally should write down my update routine, as I think it’s anyways always the same issues where one can stumble over. :wink:

Though, I did not have to reinstall anything else, apart from xposed and fdroid into /system/priv-app.

Wiping Dalvik failed for me.

Btw: I also realised that titanium backup also backs up the launcher, so I simply pulled the backup for the launcher only, and everything was as before.

I love this app, very well spent 5 euros. :slight_smile:

You could also add your findings to the update guide.

Update went fine (as always).

2 Likes

They did it again!

And again our two FP2 where updated perfectly.
Both are unencrypted and without Xposed or Gapps of any kind.

Good work! Thank you Fairphone!

2 Likes

Same problem as freibadschwimmer on my side… Since I did this update, my phone is continously optimizing the apps and reboot. Impossible to start my FP2 anymore…

I confirm that. Last three updates I had to re-install Gapps via sideload. Note to myself: Hold a copy of Gapps on the sd-card.

Actually I had that, Just didn’t install it right away. :blush:

Though I am also not sure if this would work (I should test it some day), since for example GMS got an update since the last FPOOS update, so I’m not sure if installing the old openGAPPS package would be a good idea.

Update went withoutany problem.
Fairphone is not rooted, without any kind of GAPPS, not yet encrypted

Yes it is! :wink:

The Open OS is rooted by default, you can activate it in the developer settings, if you ever need it :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Yes, it still creating storage/emulated/0/updater/ on the user data (the absolute path is /storage/emulated/0/storage/emulated/0/update/, do you see the incongruity?), :frowning:

Update went well, encrypted phone without any google, microg or gappsxyz stuff.

1 Like

Hmpf. My updater doesn’t haven any updates for me yet…

…hadn’t they announced that there wasn’t going to be a 16.07, but instead only a 16.08 coming in a few days? (I think August 23rd was once mentioned by @Douwe?)

Does it make sense to update to 16.07 - I also have Gapps Pico and assume it will again cause some problems like a bootloop, as it did the last time - if the next update will come out in just a few days? I think if that’s still the plan, I’d just as well wait and only risk problems/reserve time for fixing bootloop issues once…

1 Like

I guess it comes down to whether you’d like your phone to be more secure until the end of the month or if you’d rather risk security issues than update issues. Take a look at the Security fixes in the changelog in the first post - it’s longer than all of the previous updates’ combined.

1 Like

Just install a new openGapps package after the update. Seems that it worked for everyone who posted here.
Have it ready on your SD before you initiate the update process.

3 Likes

The bootloop caused by OpenGAPPS is annoying indeed.
If you update, and as soon as the Fairphone restarts press ‘volume up and power’ to enter TWRP, you can reinstall GAPPS without ever seeing the bootloop.

But, 16.08 should be here soon. And as we will try to get closer to the Google releases again in September, 16.09 might be released pretty soon thereafter as well. We’re hoping for the second or third week of september.

10 Likes