FP 4 & Google Drive Backup

I need help, please - if possible.

My brand new FP4 already had its first major failure; it came back from France yesterday. When I can figure out the cryptic messages, it will have a new main board.

Now last night I wanted to quickly restore the Google drive backup I made before shipping. Unfortunately it doesn’t work and unfortunately there is no description on the net how to do it with the FP4.

I tried it via settings/accounts/my account/synchronization - without success it remains empty.

I urgently need my phone with the data before the repair. But I can see the data backup on the day before the return via Google Drive. (G-Drive/3-Dashes/Backups) But the FP4 doesn’t want to restore the data - at least I can’t find a way. (also no instructions anywhere)

I need my data and a working phone as soon as possible!

I really hope for help here, it always takes a while via the support hotline…

I have no real experience, however think this is possible during initial set-up wizard, when it should ask if a back-up should be re-stored. It seems you are already behind that step, so I would probably do a factory reset and start from scratch

Edit:
Else its not really something FP specific so maybe some general Tipps can be found via Google or any others search engine

Or in case you havent seen this

4 Likes

@yvmuell A big thank you for the mental push in the right direction!
After starting with the blank FP “Transferring from another Android Mobile” - and most things are back!
Thanks!

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.