Forgot Password-Locked out of new phone

I set my Fairphine 5 a few months ago, and just came back to it, to begin using it again. Forgot my password, and so I can’t get back in. Could anyone please offer me advice. I’m currently locked out of the Phone after over 20 attempts to get back in.

Welcome to the Community forum.

If you don’t mind losing data, a Factory Reset seems your most obvious option. In your case, you would best just go to the “Fairphone does not boot anymore.” section here:

2 Likes

Wouldn’t that be blocked anyway by FRP? Since one would have to do it through recovery?

Thanks,
I appreciate your response, and I tried as you suggested multiple times, however the problem is that I can not actually get into my phone to do anything because, I can’t remember the pin.

You dont need the PIN to get into recovery. So what actially have you done? I:m sure there is no way without a factiry reset. If this is not possible from recovery you have to contact Fairphone and send it in.

Thanks for your response. I have looked at the link you sent me. But it doesn’t give me any instructions. I need steps to follow please.
Than you

“You dont need the PIN to get into recovery. So what actially have you done? I:m sure there is no way without a factiry reset.”
I am happy to do a factory reset,
Please just give me instructions to do that!

In the link of @urs_lesse it says:

Fairphone does not boot anymore.

If your Fairphone does not boot into Android anymore, you will have to perform the reset using the system recovery. Choose your phone below to see the relevant instructions:

1. Power off your phone.
  • Android 12 or older: Press and hold the Power button to open the power menu. Tap on Power off.
  • Android 13 or newer: Press and hold the Power and Volume up buttons to open the power menu. Tap on Power off.
    Tip: you can change this shortcut in SettingsSystemGesturesPress & hold power button.
  1. Now, press and hold the Power and Volume Up buttons together. When the Fairphone logo appears, keep holding Volume up but release the Power button. A new menu will appear with blue, yellow, and white text.

2. Use the Volume Up or Volume Down buttons to select Wipe data/factory reset.

3. Select Yes – delete all user data to confirm that you want to delete your personal information.

4. Press the Power button to confirm.
    Once the action is complete, the message “Data wipe complete” will appear in the bottom. The Recovery system menu will appear once again.

5. Use the Volume Up or Volume Down buttons to select Reboot system now.

6. One last time, confirm tapping the Power button and wait for your device to restart.

4 Likes