Fixing random screen freeze (after module change)?

Hello,

Some time ago, I changed the front & rear camera (passing from FP-REC01 to FP-REC02, FP-CAM01 to FP-CAM02) of my correctly working Fairphone 2 (after nearly 3 years now, I have “one of the first 17,418”) to fix the fact that I couldn’t record any video.

But I have the impression that since this module change, I encounter the following problems (I didn’t have them before):

• Randomly, (but particularly when scrolling quickly in the GMail app), my screen “freezes” but it seems that the OS is not stopped: after waiting 1mn or so, the screen goes black & I can unlock it as usual, kill the problematic application & relaunch it.
  • Sometime, during the time I wait for the black screen, the phone reboots.
  • Sometime, when accepting an incoming call, the phone reboots.

Questions: how to fix this? Is there any sort of incompatibility between the “first 17,418” Fairphones 2 and the new camera modules?

@Angels do you have any clues of hardware incompatibility or perhaps I touched some things I shouldn’t during my module replacement?

It is really annoying, at that time I reboot at least 3 times per day… :confused:

Do you still have your old CAM modules? If yes - do the problems disappear when you replace back to them?

Time have passed since my first problems and here is what I tried.

• First I upgraded my OS to latest Fairphone OS (18.09.2) -> nothing changed
  • Then I replaced my front selfie camera with my old one -> I had the impression that I had less bugs (for example, no more freezes in GMail), but still had a lot
  • Then I replaced my back camera with my old one -> nothing changed
  • I uninstalled “Screen Lock - On Off Button” thinking that it could cause some “screen freeze” problems -> nothing changed

Today I still have those problems:

• Randomly, my screen “freezes” but it seems that the OS is not stopped: after waiting 1mn or so, the screen goes black & I can unlock it as usual, kill the problematic application & relaunch it. It happens on different app, and also
  • Sometime, during the time I wait for the black screen, the phone reboots.
  • Sometime, when accepting an incoming call or when my phone ring to wake me up in the morning, I cannot pick up the call or stop the phone from ringing like if the screen touch ability was disabled temporarily.

Perhaps I should contact the support ?

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.