Fairphone's killer Black Friday deal šŸ‘

Make sure not to miss the final seconds.

I want one of these so baaad! :heart_eyes:

19 Likes

Here is the video on ā€œthe otherā€ platform :smiley:

5 Likes

I would have included that link as well, but it comes without the important smallprint :open_mouth:

Iā€™ll happily replace the FB link by a YouTube or Vimeo one once the message shows up there as well.

EDIT (19:00 h): Itā€™s on YouTube now, I replaced the link so it directly shows in Firefox as well. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

What is said in the ā€˜important smallprintā€™ at the end?
It goes to fast for me to hear it.

If you can view it on a screen big enough, you can just pause the video then and read the spoken words as actual text in the video.

5 Likes

Not sure if this supposed to be funny. I guess the steve jobs look is kind of iconic, sorry I meant ironic.

13 Likes

Haha, I love that this got a thread here :slight_smile:

Hereā€™s the Youtube link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6FDpLZLYeTY

We thought it was time to give the screwdriver its proper credit.

6 Likes

Hi Lidwien,

Itā€™s just a goofy way to remind everyone, what you can do with a screwdriverā€¦ things like, actually fixing your stuff, but maybe also getting annoyed at devices that are not designed to be repaired :wink:

6 Likes

Conveniently so, the European Parliament Voted for Right to Repair and France will begin labeling electronics with repairability ratings in January. Looks like Fairphone is already ahead of the game and this is great opportunity to gain momentum.

7 Likes

Hopefully so. Itā€™d be great if this happened, the timing is good!

1 Like

In the German magazine ā€˜TESTā€™ the repairability of smarthones was tested. The fairphone 3 is the ONLY fairphone which achieved an ā€˜excellentā€™ rating for its repairability. Second place came a couple of other phones in with a ā€˜fairā€™ or even ā€˜inadequateā€™ result. This is an outstanding result for the fairphone. We all know this, but good to see that this is now visible to a broader audience.

8 Likes

Ahead of the game? Perhaps you mean ā€˜changing the gameā€™? :nerd_face:

Love the, eh, letā€™s call it, shout out, to black friday / apple / technologists in general.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.