Fairphone2 will not start up

You have to charge your phone before attempting anything else. See the link from my previous post for details.

1 Like

For charging the battery you might try to get into contact with someone from the community you have near you ( Local Fairphoners address book (Fairphone communities) ) or try to go to a store ( https://fairphone.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/218186563 ) or you have to contact support.

Hey, I’ve got the exact same Problem as Alex.
My Fairphone 2 won’t start up as well. As I plug my Phone in there is a red blinking light, couple of minutes later it starts to boot, sometimes it tries to optimize all the apps but then dies. This repeats all the time.
The phone won’t respond to me pressing any buttons.
I also tried using different chargers, removing the battery and letting it cool for half an hour,…
Is there already a solution, please let me know if so.

Hi,
I have the same problem - I also tried everything you did, with no success. I tried to submit a support request but it didn’t work for me for some reason (the page just refreshed when I clicked submit and I received no confirmation or response), so I ended up calling them instead. They were very helpful and are sending me a new bottom module (my microphone had also stopped working a few days earlier, so that made it easier to diagnose - hopefully the two problems are related!). In any case, I think your best and quickest option is to give them a call.

Hope this helps…
Sabina

1 Like

I have the same problem. First, I got a new battery, but this didn’t help. Finally, it was detected that my bottom module should be broken. I am still waiting for a new one, but I’m pretty sure that it will solve the problem. You neet to open a ticket to get it fixed. This problem seems to affect several users: FP2 Won’t turn on or charge - See first post for troubleshooting

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.