Fairphone OS 17.10.2 (fixes for the "KRACK" vulnerabilities)

We are happy to announce that the software update fixing the “KRACK” vulnerabilities is ready for your Fairphone 2. It is called Fairphone OS 17.10.2.

What’s new

• Security fixes for the “KRACK” vulnerabilities

For the full release notes, check fairphone.com/release-notes

Open the built-in Fairphone Updater app on your device to start the download.

If you encounter issues with the software update, please refer to our official bugtracker.

Do you want to help us test software updates in advance (Fairphone OS and Fairphone Open)? You can do so by applying for the beta testing program.

28 Likes

And the FP2 is getting the update before basically all the other Android phones, and the Iphone.
Well done.

8 Likes

Yeah, awesome job! Thanks a lot, Team Fairphone! :smiley:

4 Likes

Update went flawlessly. One thing I noticed, though, is that the info of the security patch level does not fit.

Might this be due to the fact, that this update is based on the old Android patch level as the next one still lies in the future?

2 Likes

Everything o.k. here too. Many thanks to the team!

1 Like

No, AS @BertG mentions, the security patch level is correct. To get a higher security level, all security fixes in for 1.11./5.11. need to be implemented. This is „only“ patch level 5.10. plus the Krack fixes.

6 Likes

Ah, okay! Thank you all for the info. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

That’s exactly why I bought a Fairphone, thanks folks!

6 Likes

I installed the update yesterday manually. As always, it works like a charm.

Edit:

Ha, I misread the title. :sweat_smile: Of course I installed FP O OS on my phone.

3 Likes

Update successful. Many thanks to Fairphone for being on the ball. The other phone companies could learn a lesson or two.

3 Likes

It was already available yesterday and even offered by the updater app.

1 Like