Fairphone OS 17.06.4 (Android 6.0) is now available

That did NOT work.

I found https://support.fairphone.com/hc/en-us/articles/207914363-Manually-install-Fairphone-OS-for-the-Fairphone-2

And flashed [Binary image] Fairphone OS 17.06.4 (Android 6.0) (~650MB) with flash-for-windows.bat.

I am now o 17.06.4.

Do you think the structure of partitios is corrected now?

It has been five days since the update was sent off into the wild. :wink:

I would like to know if anyone with Fairphone OS 17.06.4 (not Open OS) has experienced any issues regarding battery lifetime and/or higher temperature. Can anyone confirm one or even both of these situations?

The binary image found on that page is the same binary image found on the page I’ve linked to in my previous post.

If you flashed 17.06.4 correctly with the provided script it should be fine; you can install future partials without any issues, that is, if you don’t mess around with the original partitions in the meantime :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Still at 17.06.03, battery life is the same as before but my FP2 tends to get quite hot when viewing YouTube.
Will install 04 now and see if it changes.

Yep, battery life considerably worse, and jumps down on minimal usage of for e.g. browser usage. It did seem to run very hot using google maps yesterday. Usage comes up as majority wifi, so I’ve just incorporated the steps from Tom’s guide. Will see if it improves matters. I’d previously been happy with the improvement in battery life with 6.0, however this is back to disappointing due to having to nurse the phone when out and about…

1 Like

Just noticed mine says 1 May 2017 as well. Was your question ever answered?

The Security patch wasn’t quite complete (as it didn’t incorporate all the released fixes). It is hope the next update will bring us up to date fully :wink:

1 Like

A post was merged into an existing topic: Fairphone Open 17.06.4 (Android 6) release

Fairphone OS 17.07.6 is now ready for download :slight_smile:

2 Likes