Fairphone hopefully leads the way

I’m wanting to own a fairphone and here are my reasons why

1. It includes a reasonable feature set (i.e. It serves it’s practical purpose ).

2. The people behind the production of the fairphone have moved some distance away from the economic/manufacturing model that on average is doing more harm than good (To the common “goods” of living in a unpolluted environment ( sustainable methods ), being paid fairly (minimum of local living wage required to meet basic living costs such as food and shelter) and people not being pressured/forced into harsh and dangerous working conditions.

3. The price?. It’s expensive (compared to similar specifications phones). Whilst there isn’t a level playing/business field (ethical/environmental regulations) then I’m willing to pay a little extra for my own peace of mind.e.g. The phone has been manufactured using a higher standard than a equivalent specification phone that is cheaper (more “hidden” environmental and social costs are occurred due to it’s manufacturing process).

4. I’m not a d—! whom simply (very simply) must have the best gadget to show off to my village ( “village esteem” an evolutionary psychological theory) and simply not care about how it was manufactured, provided it has all the latest “whistles and bells”.

10 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.