Fairphone freezes at start up (touch screen does not react)

I have a similar problem with the touchscreen- sometimes it takes very long time for it to react when you try opening an app or making a phonecall, you have to press several times- and sometimes it totally freezes and you cant do anything, not even switch the phone off. I have then been forcing it to quit by removing the battery, but it seems there should be a better fix to this? After putting the battery back, I have so far, been able to use the phone again…
But it seems as something doesnt work properly? This has happend both when trying to hang up after a phonecall and when the phone has been a sleep and I am turning it on again.
Any ideas of what to do?
My phone hasent been wet though…

You might check your sim card: if it is older than a year it can become corroded or has small scratches on critical points. It is then recommended to get a new sim card with your provider.

Hello!

Has there been any solution to this problem? The same thing has happened to me today, my screen doesn’t react, so I can’t use my phone any more.
I’ve had several problems during the past months (Screen didn’t come on and phone went off a couple of times), but taking out the battery usually brought it back to life (altough a few times the date went back to 1st August 2013…)

Thanks for help!!!

Do the #touchscreentest. If it fails, your touch screen is broken.