Fairphone Earbuds draining battery when not connected

Hello everyone,

With my Fairphone 4 order I got the Fairphone Earbuds as well.
While I’ve really enjoyed them so far I have one gripe with it and I don’t know if it’s a product malfunction or if I’m doing something wrong.

When I stop using my fairphone earbuds I put them back into their case. However, even when it’s left at high battery (>80%) it will drain to 0% without using them. I’ve made sure they’re not connected to my fairphone bluetooth either (read: I disable bluetooth on my Fairphone) but the battery keeps draining to 0% every time without being used.

Am I missing some setting here or did I obtain malfunctioned earbuds?

Thanks for the help,
Angel

Welcome to the fairphone community.

Are only the Earphones discharging or the case too? As the case should recharge and
maintain the charge of the Earphones as long as its battery is full.

It’s not a very specific suggestion, but you want to give resetting the earbuds a try. For instructions, see the “Pairing | Unpair” section here (it is different from just unpairing on the phone):

It is discharging in the case as well. I always put them back into the case and they always turn up empty when I get them out again.

I’ve also tried resetting, unpairing and repairing before. Did not change anything sadly.

1 Like

Then I suppose the case is defective. I would contact support.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.