Fairphone doesn't work anymore after use on beach - micro usb input also already halfbroken

Hi,

I had my phone some days in my bag on the beach, so some little bit of sand came in little spots such as behind the volume button. I guess this is maybe why my micro usb input doesn’t work properly anymore.

Since this night, it totally shut down. The only form of activity I saw was when I pressed the volume up and the power button and the phone was connected with my laptop - then a black screen came where I could “chose” between three modes. The arrow jumped itself to the different options and it was not possible to select one.

I tried battery charging but as the micro usb is a bit broken this is also not easy.

Thanks for your help!

So how can we help you? I think you could ask support for a repair. But I think you already know that this is not a case of warranty. (You may have to pay for the repair.)

You could try opening up the phone and cleaning it. Look up one of the guides at iFixit.com.

2 Likes

Ans spare parts can be purchased here: http://shop.fairphone.com/catalog/category/view/id/11