When I lock the screen, or let the screen go to sleep after X seconds, the app that was in front is no longer shown on wake. Instead I land on the home page when I unlock using the button/fingerprint scanner.
This happens if there is more than 1 minute between the screen turning off and my unlocking the the phone again.
Steps that I follow:
- Open Google Maps (or Spotify)
- Start navigation somewhere (or start playing a song)
- Turn off the screen by pressing the lock button
- Wait 2 minutes
- Turn on the screen by touching the fingerscanner or pressing the button
- Expected result: the screen shows the Google Maps app (or Spotify)
- Actual result: the screen shows the home screen, I have to open the Google Maps (or Spotify) app to show what was on the screen in step 2.
I’m using the Lawnchair launcher (version 2.0-2589), but I observed the same behaviour with the default launcher (Quickstep).
I feel that I have checked all kinds of battery saving settings already, but perhaps I am missing something.