Fairphone 5 sim card disconnection issues

Since last update on my phone, I’ve had weird issues where the SIM card connection is lost. The current build number is FP5.TT45.A.141.20240115.

Restarting my phone fixes it, and it’s sometimes difficult to notice since I have wifi on. But when it happens, the network settings say there’s no SIM card installed at all.

I read it might be a hardware issue too, but I am not sure. Anything I can do to check this, or just wait for update?

Thanks!

1 Like

Hello and welcome
the typical response would be to check how old the SIMcard is (if older than 2 years, it is advisable to change it), and/or re-position the card, and/or check a different SIMcard

good luck

This SIM card is fairly new, but I’ll try re-positioning it. Will update in here if I see the issue again.

I have the same problem. Happened several times, but today when it happened 4 times I got tired of it and ordered an eSIM instead and hope it will work. My old SIM card was probably over 2 years old, so it could be that for me, but I don’t know. However, I hope to hear if you find the real issue instead of avoiding it like me. :wink:

Is there a chance that these issues are both related despite FP4+5 since only occuring since the pre-last update?

https://forum.fairphone.com/t/fp4-randomly-stops-recognising-sim/104777/15?u=bm90001

It sounds like it’s the same issue. However, I can’t recall when it started for me because it happened very rarely. So, I dare not speculate if it’s due to the update.

After about 12 hours, the eSIM is still working. Hopefully, it lasts.

FP4 and FP5 dont share the same operating system.

So far eSIM working fine for me.

I have the same issue. It is now mostly disconnected, I better look up what an e-SIM is…

It’s really annoying.

Definitely since the last update. Didn’t have any probs before. Even if the SIM isn’t brand new, why would that affect it?

1 Like

Since updating i have the same issue. My aim is 2 months old so it’s not an old SIM that’s the problem.

For the past 2 days it has disconnected about 8.30 when I leave the house. First it shows no signal then it goes to no SIM. Turning it off and on doesn’t immediately work. It only recognises the SIM after being off for 30 minutes. Totally unacceptable, could result in important calls being missed.