Fairphone 5 Protective Case - needed/Alternatives?

First impression after a few days:
I am really happy with the case, dropped my phone once and it fell flat on the front, nothing happened. It fits snug and provides much better grip that the original one. Screen protector is ok, I had Fairphone’s own with the privacy filter before.

What happened to your privacy glass? I have it as well and I really like it.

Please stop discuss about screen foils here any further, there is an extra topic for this already linked above.

2 Likes

So if anyone is interested, I send Biowaves email regarding their case (as suggested by Alain_Guillet). In their reply, they mentioned

the case for the Fairphone 5 is expected to be available in January or February at the latest. There may be a pre-sale in advance.

2 Likes

i did get the Tudifi cace,

and I’m really happy how it looks ad feels.
its only one day use now. but so far it looks like its exactly the one i needed.

thanks @ram312 and @k3dAR finding it and the shop.

it fits perfectly, is really good looking (my opinion). and have a decent bumper around the screen.
and it’s not that big you risk pushing off the screenprotector.
(bubbels where there already before installing the case)

the camera is lower than the back, thats now protected as well.

i did come in a paper and plestic envelop from Amazon.
and a plestic back from the manufacturer.
note: it tels to ripp of the tope to open, (i did) But its possible to open from the bottom as well, than you can re use the bag again, or send it back if you not happy with it.

7 Likes

Hello @mate1 , I just wanted to add that I also wrote a ticket to Fairphone concerning the original case and they assured to pay the complete price for the case as a refund back to me. This is awesome, since they also told me that there is no need to send the case back to their company because of the bad footprint.
This is a really perfect reaction from the customer service team and I do appreciate it.
In my opinion it is necessary to report such good news also here at this forum, since many customers are satisfied with the phone (FP5) as I do. I am sure that they will find a solution and develop a better case.
Regards.

5 Likes

Also ordered and got the Tudia case. I love it. The grip is better than the original Fairphone case. Edges are raised above the screen (and protector) giving me more confidence that if it falls the screen survives, the same applies to the camera. What I especially like is that the fingerprint sensor is much more accessible in this case compared to the original. Thanks @ram312 and @k3dAR for the tip!

3 Likes

I’ll add that I’m happy with the Cresee case too. Ordered from Amazon UK for £7.99 in October, been meaning to comment on it for ages!
Thanks to those for suggesting it.

I just wanted to let the people know who want a little extra protection for their screen, and a place to hold 3 cards, that there’s also the cases I have been making since I had my first Fairphone ( the Fairphone1)

The cases I make, come with the original FP5 protective cover (or you can order it without, if you have already ordered it) you can find them right here: https://annatreurniet.nl/collections/t-fairphone-cases
I would love to know if people are looking for specific features in a case. I can’ t guarantee I can make it all, but It would be great to know what people want in a Fairphone case :smiley:

10 Likes

Running the gauntlet:

Tried several cases… I’ve never had such a waste of money after buying a cell phone. Unfortunately, the manufacturer’s Fairphone case is not worth buying, as the display would not be protected and the price would never be justified by “sustainability”.

Summary:

Had a transparent cover… yes, it was nice, especially as I had ordered a transparent Fairphone version… but it attracted fingerprints like nothing good.

So I moved on to a flip cover… also nice for the first time, but you can’t clean imitation leather PU.

I would now prefer to have a cover from Spigen, like all the years/phones before… but they will never produce a case for the FairPhone.

Finally: Here in the forum someone recommended

TUDIA DualShield Grip (I took it in black)… and yes, it seems to be the end of my odyssey.

Thanks for having this forum… but too bad Fairphone itself doesn’t sell such a “fair” case that also protects!

2 Likes

Anyone using both the Bark case and a glass screen protector? I’m on the hunt for a sustainable case that will also protrude further than a screen protector for a bit more protection. I also have my eye on the Biowaves which is apparently just round the corner, but concerned that it won’t be higher that a screen protector.

The bark case will definitely protrude more than a screen protector. or it would have to be a very fat one :wink:

2 Likes

I’m looking at my Bark Sweden wood case and I agree with Dryhte, the wood looks to be around 1mm over the display almost everywhere. I wrote “almost” as there is a place where I’m not sure the border would be higher than the screen protector.

However, as they make the cases by hand, and they’re very responsive by email, you could ask them if they can engage on making a case that would be OK on a screen protected FP5.

I’m pretty sure they can or, if they can’t, they’ll tell you.

Ciao,
Max

3 Likes

Indeed! Better cover than the original. This Tudia feels good to handle, I dropped it zero times, this 7 days in use.

1 Like

And another thumbs up from me for the Tudia case. It arrived today and I knew from the moment I clamped it onto my F5 that it was the case for me (Fairphone’s own and a clear silicone one already tried and dismissed). Happy days, finally.

Good to know. Thanks for the feedback.

Did you see the new FB post from Biowaves? Still no date, but with pictures of the cases and new additional accessory.

2 Likes

Guys, I am quite happy with my soft case reviewed before yet do consider getting tudia for better protection.
Will something like a popsocket or a ring stick to this textured surface though?

Hi Anna, I wrote to you a direct message here on the forum and as an email to your shop contacts, listing some features I’d like to see in a case. Might share it here if anyone is interested and/or wants to add to the list :vulcan_salute:

I have the same issue. The case does not help AND also destroyed the metal case:

Link to other Threat