🇬🇧 🇩🇪 Fairphone 5 - No USB Tethering with FritzBox 7560

I am experiencing a very seldom happening internet outage with my ISP.

Cool I think, I have got an android phone, there is USB tethering with my Fairphone 5 and I have 40GB of Volume to use from my mobilephone company. I have the 5G option and I am using it.

So I connect my Fairphone 5 to my Fritz.Box 7560 just to find out. My Fritz.Box does not recognize the thethering option activated in my Fairphone 5.

I checked with my old Android phone. The Fritz.Box recognizes the USB Tethering option and would engage the connection, if I had not moved to my new Fairphone 5 with an e-Sim this would be a no brainer.

Can anybody relate or recreate the issue?

Did you check the USB settings that pop up in the notification bar as soon as you connect the devices?

That is checked an working.

As soon as I plug in the USB Cable the USB-Tethering option becomes available and the FritzBox has the option ‘Mobilfunk’ available.

It just does not seem to transmit the proper information to the FritzBox for Tethering. There is only the option for modems available.

It completely ignores the tethering option.

Ist das die Einrichtungs-Seite Deiner FRITZ!Box? Denn da passt doch alles.

Wenn man ein Modem betreibt ja, Tethering leider nicht. Also das bereitstellen der Verbindung über Android.

If you are using a modem no problem. But USB-Tethering is an option usually which is not offered here.

Es fehlt diese Option im FritzOS:
840x473~2
The USB-Tethering menu is missing

Das ist doch eine völlig andere Box und gerade auf deaktiviert willst Du doch nicht einstellen.

Wenn ich die Option auf meiner Box angezeigt kriegen würde, dann hätte ich ein Foto.

So muss ich mir mit einem Beispiel aus dem Internet helfen.

Genau darum geht es doch hier.

If had the Option showing up in my Box, I could provide a photo.

This is what the thread is about. The option USB Tethering not showing while Firephone 5 is in USB Tethering mode and properly connected.

Hast du denn USB-Tethering im FP5 eingestellt?

Netzwerk & Internet > Hotspot und Tethering > USB-Tethering

Ich dachte mit Deinem anderen Telefon ginge es? Mit dem verbunden wird in Deiner FRITZ!Box das Tethering angezeigt?

Und noch ne Idee: Benutzt du mit dem alten Handy vielleicht ein anderes Kabel?