Fairphone 4 settings unchangeable

Hello everybody,
Using my FP4, I’ve unintentionally set “talk back” under Settings - Sounds. Actually, this was an attempt to activate the “talk” item in Google Translate. It was possible to return to “talk back” with the back button, but “talk back” could no longer be switched off. The Fairphone 4 is currently more or less unusable.
Does anybody has an idea? Holding both volume buttons did’nt help!
Cheers,

1 Like

(Uschi contacted me via the Aachen email address, but my first suggestion – hold both volume buttons simultaneously, as mentioned – didn’t help)

You might be able to temporarily follow the different “rules” of TalkBack, see here:

Basically: One tap to SELECT an item on the screen, double tap to CONFIRM the selection. This way, you might be able to find your way back to Settings > Accessibility (Einstellungen > Bedienungshilfen) and switch off TalkBack there.

(Nötigenfalls auch auf Deutsch, falls das leichter fällt)

1 Like

I never used it and I’m a bit reluctant to test… In den Einstellungen zu talk back selbst ist ja beschrieben, wie man es ausstellt. Neben den Lautstärketasten gibt es noch eine Beschreibung “Einstellungen” (ausschalten, tippe auf beenden, dann doppelt tippen auf beenden). Das geht nicht? Ich verstehe es nicht, vermutlich sieht man erst was gemeint ist, wenns tatsächlich an ist, oder kommst du nicht mehr in die Einstellungen, dann müsste der Hinweis von Urs helfen?

Und eine Anmerkung: Talk back ist nicht unter Sound/Töne sondern Bedienungshilfen zu finden, zumindest konnte ich es unter Töne nicht finden

Thanks for all your help. It finally worked via “Geräteeinstellungen”. The thing I had to learn was to scroll using two fingers…
regards, Uschi

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.