Fairphone 4 Mobile Data Battery Drain

Hi,
did you solve your problem? I’m having it at the moment, but it started only a few weeks ago.
Flight mode doesn’t prolong being alive, deactivating the SIM doesn’t do either. But one night I removed the physical SIM from the slot and it lasted.
Everything is in saving mode, but the network process just drains it.

Hi,

at the moment I’m happy with the battery consumption. Usually it’s no problem to use it for 40-48 h between charging.

greets Robert

I’m also back at 48h since some two weeks ago. “Remote magic” I suppose. Funnily the magic always happens in the night before Wednesdays (not kidding), both from bad to better and from good to worse.

Wish I was you guys. My battery life is still awful whenever SIM is on

Ask the support guys for a replacement module. They offered one to me, I would swap it by myself (I mean, what else is FP about…).

what should i be getting replaced tho? the issue is that we dont KNOW whats broken, so we have no clue what to replace. they already sent me a replacement battery, which didn’t fix anything. now they’re offering me to send it in for repairment, which, sure, is an option, but insanely unideal, as it requires me to find a replacement phone for that time, requires me to factory reset everything AGAIN, and also isn’t even guaranteed to fix the issue…

Imo, everything points to the module where the SIM is inserted. I mean, it seems to be all about the network. I don’t know details what’s inside, but it appears to be the same thingy responsible for the SD, the one with the red heart symbol. So, given my non-knowledge and considering what I noticed when I operated the phone w/o the back lid… this very frickin part was damn hot.

Exchanging the battery was one blind guess to do, maybe you got a newbie rep on the line.
Ask for Mathias’ opinion!