Fairphone 4 gyroscope not working?

I recently bought a Fairphone 4 5G and immediately noticed that the autorotate function wasn’t working properly.

The classic solution scheme (turning auto-rotate feature on and off, turning phone on and off) doesn’t help, while an app that needs a gyroscope tells me that my device doesn’t have one in the first place.

We are probably dealing with a hardware problem, then? Or does anyone have any other clue as to what the problem might be?

Hi and welcoem to the forum.

There is an internal test accessed by dialing *#*#2886#*#*

1 Like

Cheers Amoun, that responds (under Gyroscope): “Not supported!”

Not good?

1 Like

That doesn’t sound good.

Could you check if you get any values for the gyroscope in Phyphox (Google Play | F-Droid), just to be sure.

PhyPhox tells me “The sensor Gyroscope is not available. This usually means your device does not have this type of sensor”

Sounds like a query for official support :frowning:

2 Likes

And before you do #contactsupport, please try safe mode beforehand. If that doesn’t help, then you can already tell support that. It saves you an email exchange.

2 Likes

Yes, the problem persists in Safe Mode. It is now in the hands of official support, thanks.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.