Fairphone 4 case & Alternatives

oh and I’ve tried this one:

but that one keeps on sliding off the corners. which happens all the time when one tries to pull it out off the jacket, that is if one manages to get it into the pocket, as the material tends to slightly stick to anything ^^

has anybody got pictures of the red orginal bumper.

from what I read in the www, it tends to be more pink than (pale)red ^^

My understanding is that all the covers made of recycled plastics are tainted grey as that is the base colour of the recycled plastic, so lightish dull red etc.

going by the reviews and the partcially included pictures, it seems to be nowhere near red, but pink.

and unfortunatly there is no color I detest more than pink :smiley:

it doesn’t matter whether i am poc or not, my skin doesn’t look anything like the pictures in the reviews :laughing:
which were the reason why i asked, whether anybody has got the red bumper in real life :wink:

4 Likes

Here are some images by users/sellers

Confirms my assumption that currently only the original Fairphone soft case or the biodegradable hard case from Biowaves is qualitatively recommendable.

No other product has convinced me so far. And both are much more cheaper than the noreve ones.

the biowaves case seems to have problems concerning the stability, quite a few people reported, that their cases broke, for different resaons.
one of them being, that the mobile fell down.

a news case with every drop, doesn’t seem all the substainable to me :see_no_evil:

I bought this one from Amazon (shipped from China) and I have been using it for a week.

It is thin and fits perfectly the FP4 and seems to work well. The feeling at the touch is conferrable and not slippy. The screen is not well protected, not enough “clearance” , but better than nothing.

Hi Scott,

I will be selling the vegan flip-cases with the inner protective case form Fairphone starting the end of January 2023.
All my cases are made in my own studio in Nijmegen, from start to end (except for the protective case, which is made by fairphone.)

Happy 2023 :slight_smile:

Anna Treurniet

9 Likes

I have the Biowaves case too and use it as my daily driver since months and i’am not be too squeamish about it - so far no signs of wear and tear.

Seems more of an issue with people damaging the case when removing it - it actually doesn’t come off that easily. If you don’t read the instructions, I could imagine that some people would come up with the idea of ​​levering it out with tools and force - of course it could break then…

That’s great news!

I bought the Fairphone 4 somewhere in the summer with the standard soft case. At the moment, that’s good enough, but maybe a flip case would be handy in the future.

I have it and it is 100% Salmon pink. Its a good case, but I have had several people ask me if I am using my wifes phone.

No one would ever say it is red…it is definitely pink.

6 Likes

Fairphone seem to have followed the industry players in producing a phone that is almost too slippery to pick up let alone use. The Fairphone case is a slight improvement and I have modified mine by adding a couple of Sugro bumps:

Fairphone - please produce a better case!

1 Like

Hi and welcome to the forum.

As this is a user forum if you want Fairphone to hear your cry, email them …
support@fairphone.com

1 Like

amoun:
Thank you for your welcome.
My cry was just rhetorical but I appreciate the suggestion.
BTW, “Sugro” in my post should have read Sugru!

1 Like

But what’s wrong with the case? I wouldn’t like to have some wings that blocks easy sliding into a pocket or sleeve on my phone.

IMO the case has these issues:

• Too bulky overall. There’s no need to be this thick at the back since the plastic back can already absorb a lot of impact where other phones could not.
  • The raisivity is wasted as the case sits way too lose, impacts on the front corners hit the glass just as well as without any case.
  • No see-through available, and honestly? The FP4 is beautiful. Entombing it in a non-seethrough case is such a shame.
1 Like

As I indicated in my original post, I think the case needs to be more “grippy”.
I take your point about the projecting “wings” but as I don’t put my phone in my pocket or in a sleeve that should not be a problem for me.
I see that I am not the only user who has criticised FP’s case and would agree with Carighan that it is too loose a fit.

1 Like

Had this case for myself, lasts a month and breaks after the first impact from the height of a table.