Fairphone 4 case & Alternatives

No and I already asked LifeProof (which is owned by Otterbox) about it and they do not plan on making a case for the Fairphone anytime soon…
One of the reasons I’m less interested in the fairphone.

Here’s a link to the answer I got:

1 Like

The Biowaves one is a Hardcase - see posts above. A real good protective case.

1 Like

Has anyone found any clear case so far?

The FP4 - IMO at least - looks quite beautiful with it’s aluminum edge but removable back. I hate to hide it, but it seems all cases including the official ones come only in opaque. :frowning:

3 Likes

Is there a page about these Biowaves that is in dutch or English?

From the Canadian Group, I think its not yet mentioned here

4 Likes

Thanks @yvmuell for forwarding the info. Here are some pictures of the case made by the Swedish business named “Bark”.

9 Likes

That Looks awesome
What do you think

Well, it’s not made from concrete, so I cannot call it a ‘brick’, but it comes really close!

How long will this case last?
It looks really interesting to me.

Biowaves.de Site is so far only in German text.
But you can translate it:

3 Likes

There’s currently an offer of free earbuds with a new 'phone, so I’m buying a Fairphone 4 5G earlier than planned :slight_smile:

I’ve always used a case - not one of those that flips open like a book, but the type that you slide the 'phone into from the top - like this one

I can’t find any that say that they are the right size for the Fairphone, but I’s sure that the handset is pretty much the same size as some other company’s models, so cases made for them will be compatible.

Can anyone tell me what other 'phones are the same size as the FP4 5G, please?

I always used these for my previous phones and now for my FP4: Custom tailored phone tablet and laptop sleeves
You tell them what phone you want it for and they custom tailor it.

2 Likes

We cannot expect a Fairphone case from Lifeproof anymore. They have been fully absorbed by Otterbox.
I like my ‘slam’ case and it’s sad the Fairphone hasn’t got one like it.

There is another case on the market now - I found this one at evil amazon:

Since it is just a bit more than 10 bucks, I just bought it because I was curious. As written in the description, the case is definitely less protective than the one from Fairphone, there is not much overlap for the screen. But anyway, therefore it is also less bulky, less weight. The fit is quite ok, the buttons work well, all cut out are where they supposed to be.

7 Likes

Interesting. I’ve seen a similar one on Aliexpress. Could you send a few photos of what it looks like in real life?

Sure.

6 Likes

Looks very nice. Actually on Amazon it’s surface texture is like more coarce, but in your photo’s looks very smooth. And of course the price :slight_smile: .

1 Like

It’s a pretty basic case. Please keep in mind: the case has hardly no overlap to the screen, so the protection for the screen is also just basic.

2 Likes

Still looks far preferable to the official case. I wish there was one in see-through though. :frowning:

I used a iphone wallet. Double sided tape to fix the stock protective cover to the case. Works fine so far.

One more image

3 Likes