Fairphone 3+ Warranty - /e/

Hi everyone,

First post, I’m exited to be part of the community!

I’d like to use /e/ OS instead of Android on my freshly bought Fairphone 3+.

Will I lose my 2 years warranty if I do so?

Thanks for your help!

1 Like

Hi :slight_smile:

This was already discussed here a few times. Here’s an official statement from fairphone:

6 Likes

Thanks a lot for your quick answer!
I did not find this thread while browsing on the forum…

Hopefully, Fairphone will some day officially propose alternatives to Android!

1 Like

It’s just that … /e/ is Android, too.
(I really wonder where this misconception that Android without Google Apps and services is somehow not Android comes from.)

3 Likes

Strange. I got offical answer from Fairphone that I can change my operating system to /e/ if I am not happy with stock android and bloatware called my fairphone. I was provided the links that led to community forum instructions. In the email they didn’t mention that it would affect my warranty. I have also heard that in court the corporation would have the responsibility to show that the defect is caused by the consumer. And after that. And only after that the consumer has to show that it’s not caused by the consumer. Please correct me if you feel there’s need to.

1 Like

Do not install /e/ on a Fairphone 3+! The camera and more will NOT WORK as the Fairphone 3+ requires Android 10 and /e/ is still Android 9!

7 Likes

Official FP3+ /e/OS will release at mid/end of october.
The new Fairphone 3+ is coming to /e/OS

3 Likes

Thanks for all these valuable feedbacks !
I’ll wait for the Official FP3+ /e/ OS realease then.

Same here. Excited to try /e/ with the FP3+!
Is it possible to track the process or get to know how far it is?

1 Like

Maybe you can keep an eye on this topic or have a look at all media mentioned there:

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.