Fairphone 3 unlocking without oem unlocking

Qualcomm chipset baseline by default enables critical unlock in user/production build this could mean they are building debug builds for NON-HLOS counterparts.
Also Secure boot is disabled i think .

Yes, secure boot is disabled.

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

From a practical point of view: Will this allow me to boot into TWRP to get data from a bricked FP3?

1 Like

If data was unencrypted then maybe, depending on what kind of brick we are talking about (Is fastboot still working?).
If it was encrypted you may be able to unbrick it and then relock it via this method to decrypt data.
There is also this more involved unbricking guide here (in case fastboot does not work): Fairphone 3 unbricking

3 Likes

Thanks very much for your prompt reply! Fastboot and recovery mode are luckily working. This is the original story:

I have a FP3 of a friend, which does not boot anymore. After her little baby took one edge into her mouth, it started to vibrate and reboot various times. Then the vibrating stopped and a screen appeared, saying that data might be corrupted. With two options:

• Try again (reboot)
  • Factory data reset

Unfortunately the phone’s bootloader is locked and USB debugging is deactivated as well. (I have tried adb, fastboot, Fairphone’s flash executable…).