Fairphone 3 - Not all USB chargers are working

Hello everybody,
me and my wife are happy customers of a Fairphone 3, which was delivered last week here in Italy.

The phone works well and it’s great to have not just a phone you shouldn’t be ashamed of but one you can really be proud of!

The only concern is about charging. We noticed that not all of the chargers we have in the house seem to work with the new phone.

More precisely:

• Samsung travel adapter, output 1.0A, works
  • Samsung travel adapter, output 2.0A, works
  • LG travel adapter, output 1.2A, works
  • Huawei “super charge” switching powwer adaptor, output “2A or 5A or 4.5A” (don’t ask me what that means), it doesn’t work. In the settings->battery screen it shows “fast charging” at start but then it changes to “Connected to AC but can’t charge at the moment”
  • Huawei quick charge, output 2A, works REALLY well, super fast.

This happens with a Huawei cable. But what if I change the cable with a Aukey USB3 I got from Amazon?

• Samsung travel adapter, output 1.0A, works
  • Samsung travel adapter, output 2.0A, doesn’t work. When I plug the cable there’s no sign of life from the phone. No “charging” notification, nothing.
  • LG travel adapter, output 1.2A, works
  • Huawei “super charge” switching powwer adaptor, output “2A or 5A or 4.5A” (don’t ask me what that means), it doesn’t work. In the settings->battery screen it shows “fast charging” at start but then it changes to “Connected to AC but can’t charge at the moment”
  • Huawei quick charge, output 2A, works REALLY well, super fast.

So with the Huawei cable all chargers work except one, with the Aukey cable all chargers work except two.

I must admit this is quite annoying. I have no issues with any of these chargers or any of the cables I own with any othere phone, they all charge (slowly or fast) regardlessly.

Do you maybe know why this happens? Has it happened to any of you as well?

Thank you for your help
Marco

P.S. I noticed it doesn’t charge if I plug it in the car’s USB port either

3 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: UPDATE: Get yourself a USB C cable (I didn’t) for FP3, because delivery from FP is delayed