Fairphone 3 Camera

Works, thanks a lot :slight_smile:

exposure 0.5 in the settings does the trick, thanks a lot guys

2 Likes

Here are some. The first one is of a khachapuri (Georgian cheese bread I made). It was not taken with WhatsApp. As you can see everything is just blurry and bad. I have to be around at least 60 cm away form any motive in order to get somewhat a normal focus. For instance, if I want to photograph something that is 10cm away, this is impossible because everything becomes blurry.

The second one here is taken via WhatsApp, but honestly there is really no difference to the eye if it is taken with or without WhatsApp - image becomes blurry and unpleasent no matter what. As you can see, the bubbles in the beer just looks like a mess. The sparkling in the beer is too complicated a kind of movement for my FP3 to photograph properly:

Over all picture quality makes my phone camera useless for anything close to serious usage.

@AnotherElk see above for examples :slight_smile:

Regarding your two examples.

1. I have no idea regarding the minimum focussing distance of a smartphone camera; but 10 cm is to near for a normal lens to focus correctly. Usually it’s at least 30 cm or more, even for wide-angle lenses. Unfortunately, there is no information to that regard.
  2. Was the picture taken with flashlight? Otherwise, the shutter speed might not have been short enough to get crisp bubbles, since they are moving quite swift.

So, I do not mean to say that it’s your fault, that the pictures are OK or that other phones don’t make better pictures in those circumstances. I simply don’t know, since I hardly ever have used my phone for taking pictures; because I prefer my SLR cam.
It’s just to me an explanation for the problems you describe here.

A post was merged into an existing topic: Old and new camera photo comparison

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.