Fairphone 2 touchscreen suddenly freezes

A post was merged into an existing topic: Parts of the touchscreen don’t work

My screen is also freezing, but only while charging. You think to remove the display and clean the connector would also help?

No, that’s a different problem, which appears to be a combination of charger+cable+phone. Seems to have become less of an issue after one of the software issues, but in same cases it still causes problems:

1 Like

I also have the problem that my screen stops reacting at touching it. Not during charging/after calling, but randomly. Only thing that helps is removing the battery. I read all the posts in the forum on this topic, and I see a lot of complaints but no solutions? What can I do?

2 Likes

Is not linked in the moderator’s pinned comment.

The first one is not a link because it is referring to this very topic right here.

I got my Fairphone 2 two weeks ago and I immediately installed the 1.6.2 update. Im getting screen freezes sometimes when unlocking the phone and the touch seems unresponsive and sometimes the screen freezes on the home screen and I have to hold the power for 10+ seconds to do a soft boot. This then seems to solve it for the time being.

1 Like

Hey there, this support article might be useful for some of you with a touchscreen issue on your Fairphone 2.

https://fairphone.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/211351686-My-display-screen-is-not-working-properly

1 Like

On my FP2 disassembling the screen, cleaning its contacts and reassembling it has also fixed all touchscreen problems.

1 Like

A post was merged into an existing topic: Fairphone 2 unusable while charging

I’ve had the exact same failure. you have to press and hold the on/off Button from the Standby Mode until it reboots itself. Not then when the FP2 is already ON(Display is working). Follow that instruction and you’ll be really pleased by the results:).
ask for more question!

MyFP2 randomly freezes during usage. Touch screen does noto work, as well as physical buttons.
Only way to solve is to remove battery.
It happens twice a week.
OS is updated to latest version 1.11.1
No SD card; just SIM2 slot in usage.

Any suggestion?
I use FP2 for business, I need it to be stable.

Thanks in advance

Holding the power button for more than 15 seconds didn’t help? It’s a lot faster than removing the battery, even if it’s not a solution for the problem itself…

I will try next time it will happen.
I just tried to hold the button for few seconds

1 Like

A post was merged into an existing topic: Fairphone 2 unusable while charging

Hi all,

I had a similar problem to those described here but have just solved it (for the time being?) by changing back to my old regular case from a slim line one. To summarise:

The problem: I couldn’t unlock my phone on (re)booting/pressing the power button. It was happening every now and then until this morning when it became permanent. The screen wasn’t responding at all. I couldn’t even shut the phone down as I couldn’t press the “power down” button on the touchscreen - I had to remove the battery. Sometimes the phone would have a mind of its own, managing to unlock itself and then entering lots of numbers in the keypad.

The solution: I took the slim line cover off and used the phone “naked” - holding the battery in with one hand and typing with the other. And it worked a treat. Then I realised I’d kept my own (slightly damaged) regular case and put it back on - and it still works.

My guess is that the case has become distorted in some way (possibly because of heat?) and is pressing down on the touch screen. It can’t be dirt as I gave it a good clean this morning - in fact, if anything, I thinking cleaning might have made it worse. I might get a new case as my regular one is a bit damaged itself… But right now I’m relieved the phone is working again!

Hope this helps someone else…
Alex

This is the closest I have to my issue. When the screen freezes pressing the power button once briefly makes it in freeze but not for long. I hope this gets fixed soon as the are lots of people who have this issue.

I have the same problem. Have you found a solution, yet?

I have had similar problems. I bought a new case which stopped the screen working. It works ok in the old case. I found the entire phone has become slightly bent in my pocket over two years and the new case straightened it. But the straightening process reduced contact pressure on some of the electrical contacts between the screen and the base so I had to slightly bend the contacts back to their original alignment.

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.