Fairphone 2 production and delivery thread

In fact, it seems only to be true for the phone coop in GB (http://www.thephone.coop/) if you know any other resellers, please add them to this list: ✏ List of Fairphone 2 Resellers + prices

Cheers!

I have a strange issue, im one of the very last that bought the FP2 during the crowfunding periode ( bought it on september 28), the status was “pre-ordered”, until now… now it just says “ordered”, does that mean that my phone won’t be "one of the first 17,318 " anymore ??

Im really sick of waiting. Its always the same. Ive been told the phone will be shipped next week and then there is an update,which says that i have to wait another week and so on and on…thats really frustrating!!

Mine just says ‘ordered’ - it has the order date of 22 Sept (though I think payment went through on 25th). Can’t remember if it ever said ‘pre-ordered’.
Do you have a delivery number? If so, I’d say you’re one of the first 17,418, or however many we are.

Just if anybody of the waiting people is interested in… :slightly_smiling:

My x³ prediction of the “delivered FP2s” based on the numbers of the homepage counter until end of February. We will see how it works :wink:

Enjoy it. Cheers, Robert

11 Likes

Ha, very nice, love it! Lets see how close you are!

Well I guess the numbers will become less and less exponential and reach a cap of devices shipped per day soon.

@paulakreuzer Of course they won’t grow forever, but the question is at what market share they reach that cap!

My delivery 10750 would have been delivered yesterday. Unfortunately I didn’t receive the notification mail until today. This wouldn’t have been a problem, had it been sent to the correct address. I changed it to my workplace after payment. However, the phone was sent to the first address I had specified. And, unfortunately again, I can’t be at home and at work at the same time. I can pick it up on 01.02.

So: If you have changed your delivery address don’t expect it to be sent to that new address.

I don’t think that the cap will depend on the market share -at least not in the next months - but rather on their production and distribution facilities.

1 Like

Hi, off topic question for my personal learning project ‘statistics for dummies’:
I know X2 as a measure for goodness of fit (regression analysis). Havent’ heard of X3 until now. I expect X3 to be related to the curve in the liniar relation (in contrast to X2, which only represents an straight line.

Could you please explain this statistic a bit and do you maybe have a reference for further reading?

Thanks!

There is nothing of statistic at all. I just used a fitting routine A+Bx+Cx²+Dx³ that’s all…(with x as time of course)
So also no exponential…I don’t claim it should be mathematical correct, but it looked reasonable for me…can change it later, if it does not fit anymore…

2 Likes

Hi there everyone,

first- i must say that i was very into the idea of a fair phone from the very first time, i’ve heard of this small company. I still am. I have been saving some money till i finally was able to order on 9th september. So i was waiting patiently for the last couple of months for my phone to arrive, reading whatever piece of information i could get. I wasn’t too happy about communication at some occasions, but- hey small company, unpredictable delays- never mind!
What makes me sad about all this now is- there are certain problems that obviously are known for quite some time and not handled properly. In my case it is the track and trace system. As you @anon90052001 already noticed there are these problems again and again. But still- you simply dismissed the problem as “… few poeple say…”.
Well in fact- i have not read of anyone who actually had a successful track and trace.
To be honest- i think most poeple are just happy to get their phone at some point and ignore this problem. In my case: I’ve been keeping track of delivered phones and delivery numbers for quite some time, to be able to get my phone in time. My delivery# is 10.8xx- according to reports it should have left the distribution centre on tuesday. But my status still says “prepare batch”. As i have payed an “DHL- express delivery” (and so did everyone else)- that’s a poor performance.
In general i would say- your system is working occasionally- at best.
My problem is- i am leaving for holiday now and can’t say where my phone is. Worst case scenario- DHL will deliver it back to you as they can’t deliver (and i cant pick it up) for the next 2 weeks. And i’ve got no tool to pull any options.
Please, seriously take care of that now!
Kind regards

2 Likes

Well, my track and trace worked perfectly. But I chose DPD…

Is it possible for you to phone Fairphone?

Haven’t tried yet- but as it is friday afternoon i wouldn’t count an reaching anyone…

Yesterday I happily recieved a text from DHL, saying that my phone is on the way! They gave me a trace number too. However, no e-mail from Fairphone, and the status of my order is still “prepare batch”. My order number is 11 1xx and I will hopefully recieve it on monday and it was shipped the 28th. I am happy that it is finally on its way, but I do think there is something fishy with the counter. When I payed my phone in mid-september, the counter of selled phones was corresponding to my order number. Now it is not. My guess is that the companies who ordered many phones did so in the beginning of sept, but the counter was updated with the numbers in the end of the month.

2 Likes

Sorry to hear this. I’m bringing in our CS manager @anon48893843 since you have already written our support team but there is a request backlog. He’ll sent you a private message.

1 Like

My girlfriend told me that my phone arrive before an hour at home. If I remember me correct my order number was in 149xx. I lost my mail with the number. I ordered the phone between middle and end of September. I also didn’t get a message from DHL that my phone is on the way. I didn’t expected a delivery in the next days. But I think the community deserves the information about my relative high order number.

2 Likes

:de: Da bin ich ja froh, dass du nicht zu einer Nachricht geworden bist. “Become” heißt nämlich “werden” und nicht “bekommen”. “Bekommen” heißt “get” oder “receive”.

2 Likes

Does anyone know how to cancel an order currently in “prepare batch” status? The FAQ points to an option in the webshop but I don’t see any cancellation button in my order. thanks.