Fairphone 2 production and delivery thread

Hey Juli, is that a fact?
ciao

Hi All,
just to say that the expected timings of delivery now seem quite correct, I paid on 14 January and received it this morning (it’s at home now while I’m at work, so I still have to wait a few hours :P)
Bye! :slight_smile:

1 Like

I don’t know the name of the shops that ordered during the prefunding phase but I know for sure that there were several shops/companies ordering several (hundred?) FP2s back in September '15. I guess (and hope) @Douwe can shed some more light into this?!

I am convinced that Fairphone is still keeping its word and delivering ordered phones on a first come first serve basis (except under unexpected circumstances like specific colours of back covers being out of stock).

1 Like

You are a year too early. The pre-orders of the Fairphone 2 opened on 16 July 2015. Deliveries started in December 2015.

2 Likes

Oops! True :smiley: Thanks for pointing that out…
Made an edit to my above posting. :wink:

I just want to point out to FP2 potential buyers that if you need a fast delivery you’d rather choose a reseller instead of buying from FP website. Especially, even if there is not a reseller in your country, you could have a look at memo.de. The website is in German, but I could get a FP2 delivered to Italy from it in a few days and I remember that it was possible to deliver to many European Countries.

I have nothing to do with this website but it really solved my problem of getting a FP2 fast!

:wink:

2 Likes

thanx for answering …
I think I’m (partially) aware under which circumstances you are working, and I dont want to start any quarrel here. But sometimes I am really tired of being put off.

Again, thanx for your statement, and will looking forward to next week ^^.
regards, josef

Maybe people who received their FP2 may post their order date? This would help a lot estimating the estimated time of arrival:)…

Because you can estimate better than fairphone?
Including the backcover issues, chinese new year holiday, quality improvement and whatnot?

Guys!
In case it can be of interest, I have ordered my Fairphone the 27 of January and it arrived this morning.
I am very happy finally! :slight_smile:

Luca

PS Thanks to the forum for the help and support!

3 Likes

Waiting often does not involve rational behaviour…Though i think this “helps”, because Fairphone only gives the Wednesday update and for me it is interesting to see how fast they are (really) going on, etc…And a weekly update is not that much, even if there is no possibility of a more detailed prediction.

Thanks to @Izzluca i know that there are phones ordered on 27.01. which got delivered! This is nice to know! Especially as i ordered on 29.01. :wink:

If I can add something, I didn’t get any mail from Fairphone: I was expecting to receive an email as update for the progress of the order, instead was just a (very nice!) surprise for me to get the phone, today.

I think that is of relevance because I was expecting to get an email and, from there, to have to wait more.
Also, would be nice to understand, for who has to receive the phone still, if any mail is supposed to be sent from Fairphone or not.

I checked the email address I have specified in my profile and it is the correct one, no mail in the spam, so (to me at least) really looks like it wasn’t sent!

That said, the first look is very positive: the phone looks very fancy and solid, no lags, already got an OS update that went pretty well, loudly speaker, the led makes the job. Still no test done for the camera, just few pictures taken and it looks ok, honestly I don’t care too much, my use of the camera is very moderate.
So far so good! :slight_smile:

Happy Fairphoning!
Luca

4 Likes

@lzzluca zzluca, I was notified of your post by colleagues. We are now aware that for our orders shipped yesterday, our webshop did not send out any shipping confirmations. Currently working on fixing this, so you’ll probably receive your message either today or tomorrow - sorry for the inconvenience!

So for all of you: you should normally receive a tracking code before your phone. There is always a slight delay, orders processed during the day will send tracking codes from the warehouse system to the webshop during the evening/night for processing, which results in a bit of delay between actual shipments and notifications.

If other people notice their phone arriving before their tracking code, please keep reporting it, because that ain’t right and means something needs to be fixed.

3 Likes

Thank you for the clarification. :slight_smile:

Luca

Hi all,

Here’s the latest delivery update on the blog:

Updated: Thursday 14 April

We are currently shipping phones that were purchased until the 28th of January. Our latest planning is that at the end of next week, we will have shipped all orders until the 17th of February.

In addition, this month we plan to ship all February orders as well as a part of the orders purchased in March. However, it is too early to forecast how much of the March orders we can ship, but we will know more about this in next week’s delivery update.

Part of our management team is going to our production partner in China next week to inspect the process and validate the newly installed quality control checks. This will help us make sure we have a steady production both in terms of quality and quantity.

2 Likes

I got mine, ordered on 29.01. today, including a email notification :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I’ve paid on 02.02.2016 and got an e-mail with tracking number.

2 Likes

Just for information:
I ordered on 22nd of Jan. and received the phone this week on thursday (14.4.).
Unlike you I’ve got a notification mail - one day before on 13.4.

Delivery was indeed quick - 1 day from NL to Austria.

Have fun … :wink:

2 Likes

Mine is in transit since Friday about 17:00 also to Austria (Vienna) (that’s longer than 1 day … :smiley:). DHL says it should arrive on monday “by end of day” :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi @Douwe,

I got the voucher that should let me order the originally requested covers for my two FP2’s, but the voucher code didn’t work. Case 99489. I hope this is not a widespread issue. In any case I’d still like to get the originally ordered covers.