Fairphone 2 production and delivery thread

I have delivery number 147 with blue transparency.

At the moment, i repeat 100 times a day to myself “Why I didn’t choose the black cover ? Why ???”

But i’m sure, if my FP 2 is arrived, all waiting pain is forgotten :smile:

4 Likes

Hi Echnaton,
I have delivery number 893. I changed to blue transparency, too. Because a friend of mine who works in fashion said: “The blue transparent one looks best…” :wink:
Hope that helps you answering your question, even if we have to wait a bit more longer.

2 Likes

Ah, sad news, again… You have said that there will be a guide and an AOSP google free ROM of Fairphone OS before the deliveries start.
I haven’t received mine yet, but I hope that doesn’t have to wait too much that guide (or even other unofficial methods) to get rid of the google stuff and start to use my phone.

Douwe is taking a well-deserved holiday this week, so I’ll be taking
over on forum duties. I’ll try to get more information for you.

Thanks @joe! Here’s my friendly reminder that you guys still have not shared this information. :wink:

Nothing personal, just want to share my feelings about this: it’s fascinating that producing some blue colored plastic could take so long, and nobody knows why! :stuck_out_tongue:

Sorry for the sarcasm, I feel better now. :smiley:

I have delivery number 147 with blue transparency.

At the moment, i repeat 100 times a day to myself “Why I didn’t choose the black cover ? Why ???”

But i’m sure, if my FP 2 is arrived, all waiting pain is forgotten

Number #327 here… I totally understand your feelings! Every time I see someone talking happily about their new Fairphone I think “aha, so you don’t like blue!”. :wink:

1 Like

Someone with delivery number #6xxx received his Fairphone at December 31st while the Fairphone counter is still at 2335.

(Why is the counter at 2335 while #6xxx is delivered? Is blue so popular? Or are there much more phones shipped than the counter says? Or do they only have black translucent covers anymore while the black matte and the transparent covers went out?)

So the (black matte, black translucent, transparent) Fairphones with delivery numbers ≤ 6000 seems to be packed and shipped. My Fairphone 2 #3773 probably lies in a DHL warehouse. I hope it is not scared because it is alone and it can sleep well.

I have chosen the black matte cover but I have also ordered a blue translucent additional back cover. I am curious which back cover my Fairphone 2 will wear mostly.

is blue so popular?

In the Vote from Fairphone, which results in don’t find atm, the black cover was the most wanted and blue transparency the second.

So why the back cover are not produced in the order of this voting results ?

I have also ordered a blue translucent additional back cover. I am curious which back cover my Fairphone 2 will wear mostly.

This is very clever, now it is too late for this idea.

so I’m waiting… waiting… :smile:

I think that person who received their phone on the 31st might have confused their order number with the delivery number. I ordered a black translucent cover and have not received the phone yet (delivery# 5xxx).

I still hope descently how Fairphone don’t want us … to get “the blues” (with the blue ones) :worried:
(ordered translucent blue which might be the last ones in january :-? just remember the bible: the first ones get to be the last and the last ones … first to get the blues ?

Hey!

I think I’m about 1100 in the order schedule, Translucent Black. My order still says “Prepare Batch” and has done for a week or two now. Anyone else in a similar position?

None, it seems:

Ich wollte eher damit sagen: “Ich bin mal gespannt, welche Rückschale mein Fairphone 2 am meisten tragen wird”.

:de: Achso, du bist gespannt, welches Cover du am häufigsten drauftun wirst… Sorry für das Missverständnis! :blush:

:gb: Oh, you are curious, which cover will be the one you will put on the phone the most.

1 Like

Yes, the forum is a wonderful place for German :de: speakers to practice their :gb: English. And for learning new words. Sometimes www.linguee.de helps, but sometimes not. It is not so good in explaining typing errors like “descently”. :laughing:

2 Likes

Exactly, English teachers in German speaking countries should send their students to the Fairphone Forum!!! :blue_heart:

3 Likes

@Stefan I have added extra information to the quoted part. There IS a back cover delivered with the phone but it’s not put on it yet. That’s something you will have to do yourself.

@Douwe
How much trouble would it be to extend the delivery counter to see how many phones with which covers have been delivered? That makes it easier to guess when the various colors will be shipped.

After hitting the refresh button on the fairphone homepage at least every 15 minutes hoping for an update, my fairphone just arrived. well about 10 minutes ago, this is how long it took me to stop hyperventilating. I seriously did not expect it as my delivery number was 53xx. Black translucent back cover/no notification online.

I am sooo pleased. Now, let’s see how productive this afternoon is going to be.

2 Likes

@discosu congratulations! you made me smile because I am hitting the refresh button myself! In which country are you? I am still waiting for mine, number 31XX with black mate cover. I am wondering if I am just living too far away! Enjoy!

1 Like

I am in Vienna. I really did not expect it at all. Anyway, fingers crossed you’ll get yours soon as well.

2 Likes