I’ve been trying to fix my wife’s Fairphone 2. The battery had not been providing much usage for a while, perhaps just a few hours at a time, but it did work. The other day she brought it home from work, I noticed with the power lead still attached, and it would not work.
Plugging it in led to, I think, the following cycle: slow red blinking light, constant red light, splash screen (without vibration), repeated ad infinitum. Maybe a few times I saw the battery-charging screen.
I took the battery out for 30 minutes, and tried different chargers and leads. No change.
So I thought the battery had died. I found someone locally who had a battery they could lend me. She said it wasn’t very well charged, but that it did work. Initially it did not. Then I put back in a small piece of paper at the battery base to help it fit, and the phone came on. It worked for a while, though it said the battery was at 0%; I opened an app or two. I went out and left the phone plugged in, but when I came home it was dead again. Now all the phone, using the supposedly better battery, will do is: slow red blinking light, charging screen (briefly), red constant light.
I currently have the phone connected to my laptop via USB and can periodically hear the Windows sound that indicates that a USB device is being unplugged.
I’m wondering if the USB socket was damaged by a knock while the lead was left plugged into it in my wife’s bag? Can I replace that part easily, or should I buy a charger to charge the battery with? Presumably neither of these is a guaranteed fix? I see no Fairphone Angels nearby.