Fairphone 2 at T-Mobile Store

Today I saw a FP2 in a T-Mobile Store in Vienna (Handelskai Milleniumcity) between other smartphones.
It’s great that you can get Fairphones there since March 2016 :slight_smile:

11 Likes

Thanks for sharing this.
While christmas they had a 50% offer on all phones, but reading into the details I could only read about specific models like Google´s pixel and other premium brands.

I think this commercial was just as tricky as they always keep it here in Germany just to get you into their sells shops for any kind of convincing bla bla.

1 Like

Just for completeness here is the map with all the FP2’s in shops:

1 Like

Hi, I live in Vienna and I’m thinking to move to T-Mobile for that. It’s just a pity that T-Mobile phone and data plans are not exactly the best, especially for roaming packages…

1 Like

You can go there and request a phone without contract. That should work too! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hey good idea! I’ve just to make sure it’s not locked to T-Mobile as I’ve a SIM from another carrier.

That should be no problem. A few weeks ago I heard from a South Tiroly Fairphoner who had bought her FP2 in the T-Mobile shop in Innsbruck and was using it with her existing Italian contract.

2 Likes

Thanks. Anyway since the cost of the phone is € 288 if paired with a T-Mobile contract, the difference to a phone without contract (which I suppose they sell at the standard € 530 price) would cover 12 months of their “light” tariff. I guess then that’s the most convenient option: the fairphone and 1 year of unlimited calls.

Update: I’ve been to T-Mobile at Vienna-Lugner City and they told me they don’t sell the phone without a contract by any means.

We will check why this was not possible and post an update as soon as we have more information.

3 Likes

Thanks. He told me to go buy phones at MediaMarkt, I told I wanted the Fairphone and that they were the only one to have a Fairphone and he answered “I understand, but still, no contract no phone, sorry”.

Hi Soprano,

I received an official feedback from T-Mobile:
It seems that the sales person at Lugner City was not correctly informed.
T-Mobile does sell Fairphone 2 with AND without contract in their shops!!!
They are very sorry that you had such troubles getting a FP2 and ask you kindly to visit their shop again!
(I will send you my phone number that you can call me in case)

Greetings
Werner

6 Likes

Thanks a lot Werner, very kind of you! Will go back one of next days and check again! Regards

3 Likes

Hi Soprano!

I just registered myself here to tell u also an official sorry from my Company by myself. Im really sorry that my collegue gave u an wrong Information.Of course we sell the Fairphones also without a contract.The only Problem is that at this time we dont have any Fairphones(in White and red)in our Shop because they are all sold out(Everybody wants one :wink: ).It would be a pleasure if you visit us again. When u r here i will keep ur number in mind and call u by myself if we receive one.
Sorry again!
Wish u a nice day

Your T-Mobile Team from Lugner-City

6 Likes

Hey Mr. T-Mobile team member, thanks for taking your time to write! :wink:

Just a question: Fairphones are sold out for new contract subscribers too or for free sell only ? Do you know if other T-Mobile in Vienna have them in stock ? Web site tells “Lieferzeit 1 - 2 Werktage

2 Likes

Hi Soprano!

The Fairphones are completely sold out for both categories(Free sell + contracts). I watched now in the System again and i saw that it is still not avaible - in no Shop. I can not give any information about the online Shop because we have different Systems. The Service-Line (06762000)can help you with your question. Thanks for your Patience!

Wish u a nice week :slight_smile:

Your T-Mobile Team

Update:
It’s born! It’s born! :smiley:

Thank You T-Mobile Kärntnerstraße Wien!

4 Likes

I believe you mean: “It’s alive!

3 Likes

LOL

By the way, I spent the last 5 hours to install Open OS, all the needed apps and test basically -everything-.

I’m more than happy, everything works like a charm.

I’m extremely surprised by the sound quality of both the speaker and on the headphones. Screen colors are not the best, a bit washed out, but it’s probably a matter of getting used. I also got a GPS fix quite easy, immediate 4G connection, no problems with WI-FI, with external 64gb SD card, with remote samba connection, with corporate IBM Verse email, and several other small things. The only minor issue I found are the volume keys a bit on the hard side, you need to press energetically to raise or lower volume. The other right side keys are soft and perfect.

Happy so far. :smiley:

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.