Fairphone 2 and CyanogenMod / LineageOS

Would love to use CyanogenMod on my Fairphone. Keep up the good work!!

3 Likes

Very interesting. Please go on in this way. Fairphone 2 and cyanogemod they will be great!

2 Likes

Well Fairphone Open is like Cyanogen Mod. it is also based on Android Open Source. What is the difference between Fairphone Open and Cyanoge Mod?

2 Likes

First thing is, cm is per option rootable.
Cm also had a lot of customizations such as “livedisplay” Aka red-/nightscreen, the systemprofiles, extended app permission management, cm-design engine, flexible screenlock.

5 Likes

FP Open OS is rootable just checking an option on the (hidden) Developer Settings too, :wink:

CyanogenMod is based on AOSP, plus it was modded by hundreds of people around the world for years. This means it has a lot of stable non-AOSP features ready to use, mostly a lot of customizations: graphical (e.g. theme engine, quick-settings), Android framework (e.g. Privacy Guard), apps (defaults are improved), or hardware level (e.g. CPU under/overclocking and governors). Plus those @5t0rmr1d3r has mentioned.

Note a lot of ROMs modifications have been gradually reworked into AOSP itself (e.g. immersive mode, quick settings or even Marshmallow’s permission requests, rework of CM’s Privacy Guard)

4 Likes

I have a question regarding the wiki in this topic: ✏ Porting CyanogenMod to FP2
(it says to post questions here).

I have no experience with cyanogen mod, or any kind of custom smartphone OS whatsoever, but would like to get into it and eventually help develop builds for Cyanogenmod in the future.
Does anyone know of any resources where I can get started on learning the basics of doing so? This isn’t exactly something they teach you at school.

1 Like

You can have a look at the links listed at the end of the Porting Guide. There are CyanogenMod wiki articles and official Android guides (I recommend thoroughly read the latters). They are general, though; once you start building, you are on your own with a variety of errors you’ll probably find.

Also, you can join our Telegram group and ask specific questions there we’ll try to help you solve.

2 Likes

So apparently they are shutting down CyanogenMod… :’(

1 Like

Well, let’s see what will happen: http://lineageos.org. They will issue more information on Tuesday… They are also on fb,g+ and twitter

4 Likes

Code is still code. Open source is all about that. A project can fail in the market, but code will still be accessible.
They will rebrand CM as LineageOS, yes, but I bet they will start on CM14.1.
CM12 will have the same codebase. Don’t worry for our port, :wink:
Long live open source!

4 Likes

How is that word spoken? As in “line” (Linie) and “age” (Alter)?

Lineage means “Abstammung” in German. Linguee also pronounces it:

Sorry for asking - normally I try to avoid webpages with:

wide_banner_right
horizontalAdText
verticalAdText
criteo.net/js/px.js?ch=1
google-analytics.com/ga.js
googletagservices.com/tag/js/gpt.js
ioam.de/iam.js

if possible. I thought that it was a simple answer …

IPA: /ˈlɪn.i.ɪdʒ/

Source: https://en.m.wiktionary.org/wiki/lineage

2 Likes

To me, Spanish person, it sound so close to Linux (pronounced by Linus Torvalds himself). Anyone having this impression?

Also, I don’t like the way Cyanogen Inc has ended relations with CyanogenMod community. They have put offline the CyanogenMod Wiki. Not very elegant to fade a completely collaborative documentation source. Foul play.

4 Likes

My dream:

• FairphoneOS embraces LineageOS as its base OS
  • FairPhone hires (or contracts, depending on how LineageOS ends up organising/incorporating) core LineageOS developers
  • LineageOS gets a flagship device, the FairPhone 2

:rainbow:

7 Likes

Fixing the buildserver with the new LineageOS repo with the help of this article:

Also edited the wiki page with the repo url and dependencies. Will report build outcome later :slight_smile:

4 Likes

The port of the repo resulted in a lot of duplicates. I am going follow the new and improved wiki page from scrach.

Hello everybody,
I tried to compile the community version of Cyanogenmod/LineageOS, but unfortunately it always stopped with the error “no rule to make Target out/target/common/obj/JAVA_LIBRARIES/org.codeaurora.Performance_intermediates/classes.jar”. I used the proposed local manifest of this thread but I think something is missing in this manifest. Can anybody of you who managed to compile it share his manifest with me and the others?
sebastku

Mine built successfully following the page you’ve linked. See results here:
https://fpbuild.joutubes.nl/jenkins/