Fairphone 2 3D printed casings available

Any other requests for designs? Maybe some patterns?

I think splitting the cover in 3 colors would be cool, so youā€™d be able to do (some) flags with it.

1 Like

Loving the idea!

But with current design that would result in an unstable fitting casing :cry:

At some point shapeways experimented with doing full-colour sls 3d printing, I made a design that looked way funky, but the quality of the print was terrible and they stopped the programā€¦

2 Likes

Nice work!

2 questions:

• do you think it can be made as slim as possible around the screen
  • do you have any infos about the material (with colors) regarding harmful substances?

Keep it up!

This is as slim as i can make it without loosing too much stiffness. Besides, I like the way the colours break up the front side, makes it less of a black rectangular glass slab like any other phone.

The material is nylon, donā€™t know about the colours. Check shapeways.com and go to Materials tab, lots if info there about how it is made.

Oh come onā€¦! Not that hard when you get the hand of ifā€¦ But these look greatā€¦

1 Like

OMG 5 orders total. People are going crazy over 3D printed stuff.

5 Likes

Iā€™d really like an orange or a red case so will probably order from you once previous buyers have posted feedback.
Incidentally, would you be able to print and send this FP2 dock, and how much would you charge for it?

upload it to shapeways and see for yourself

1 Like

Thanks Iā€™ve tried. You wonder whether they are printing it in pure 24cts gold. If you see what I mean :wink:

Hej @dvl,
very nice cover and itā€™s so nice to have an alternative cover option :slight_smile:
I ordered the red/white version, looks cool and stylish!

Here are some impressions of the cover:

Greetings, Markus!

5 Likes

Cool!

You happy with the fit?

Jea, the bottom part is a little bit tight, the top part could be tighter, but both are ok. The material feels a littlebit to rough, i thought Shapeways would polish it a littlebit more, but itā€™s also ok, canā€™t slip out of the hand :slight_smile:

Do you think it is possible, maybe for another version, to build a cover without the screen protection, so the cover will getting smaller and look more like a simple back cover? Or are the cover guide tracks on the sides to small? i donā€™t need the screen protection at all, like the standard rubber cover.

1 Like

Yeah I am working on a 1piece model that needs a lot les on the front, by I
have been out of the country for two months, so that has slowed down
development a bit :stuck_out_tongue:

5 Likes

Iā€™m really interested in your cases :wink:
I want to order http://www.shapeways.com/product/9LZ72BMEW/fairphone-casing-top?li=shop-results&optionId=58795029 and http://www.shapeways.com/product/928MAQLJU/fairphone-casing-bottom-batteryholder?li=shop-results&optionId=58938474.
Could I use all the buttons and ports of my FP2 with this case?

Yeah! But feel free to double-check it yourself, you should be able to
rotate some 3d view and check if all buttons are there.

Received my case yesterday in black/red:

I think the top part should be 0,5mm to 0,6mm longer, because there is a small furrow between two parts.
Thanks for designing.
Is it possible to order another finish of the material?

4 Likes

Is there any chance on lime green (or a more natural looking moss green) as a future colour option? I think that would make a great combo with the purple.

Noop, that is up to Shapeways. Maybe some spraypaint?

I ā€˜ll think about that. For now, Iā€™ ll stick with the original black cover.