Fairbuds XL with cable longer 1.5m

My use case:
Hi-Fi set with only 3.5mm line-out → Fairbuds XL headset

Problem:
I’d need a longer cable than the original 1.5m sold by Fairphone

Questions:

• Anyone has hands on experience using a longer mini-jack-3.5mm->USB-C cable?
  • Any recommendations on a specific supplier/brand?

Thanks

2 Likes

I have the impression that this cable is a very FP specific thing. At least I have never seen this before. So I’d be surprised if you found that elsewhere.
But what about just getting an extension cable of the desired length? I have one on my Desktop PC and it works without problems. They are readily available and much cheaper than this special cable in any case.

Edit: It seems I was not entirely correct: Other such cables seem to exist, but I found nothing longer than 1.5m when doing a quick search. And they’re also not cheaper than a simple extension cable.

2 Likes

Thanks @mde for sharing your opinion.

Various suppliers have similar connector cables up to 2m.
But up to now I found nothing longer.

Just to add to this discussion for others who might be curious.
I got also a solution to use a 3m cable with 3.5mm mini-jacks on both(!) sides plus a short USB-C to 3.5mm converter at the headset. No idea what this might do to sound quality.

btw: Who marked mde’s post as solution? I didn’t :wink:
Something wrong with the forum permissions?
Edit: Funny - my own post has been marked too - automagic!

1 Like

Just because they have the same connectors, they might not have the same functionalities. So a 3.5mm extension cable is still the best solution in my opinion.

I can’t see any markings and no solution :wink:.

3 Likes

Yes, I’m still pondering which one might be the optimal solution.

Greyed out tick-box
Looks like that

Now you’ve also got one :slight_smile:

That’s the icon, where you can mark something as a solution, as it is grey, it’s unchecked.

4 Likes

Thank you, right!
A misiterpretation on my side.
Should have known better :frowning:

Now I should tick your solution as it was the solution to the solution :thinking:

1 Like

My fairbuds xl connects audio for usbc to usbc if I use a usbc video cable. So I am pretty sure an Usbc extension cable designed for video will work

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.