Facebook links don't open in Facebook app

Hello,
I’ve just had my first fairphone and something is really bothering me.
When I click on a Facebook link sent to me through messenger, it should automatically open in Facebook app but it doesn’t. Instead it asks me if I want to open it with the app (see screen attached) and when I click on “yes always” it doesn’t open the link but opens the settings, where it’s already set this way (second screen)… I really don’t get it.
Weirdly enough, on the first screen, there is a second option below as if there was another Facebook app or something…
I have already tried uninstalling and reinstalling Facebook several times, restarting the phone, nothing works.
Also it works with Instagram (links do open in app automatically) with exactly the same settings, so it doesn’t make sense
Thanks for your help!!
Screenshot_20201115-130432|250x500

What happens if you choose the second one?

In the second screenshoot, when you open “Liens compatibles”, do you have an option to add some and to add those being www.facebook.com?

Just a thought: did you try setting the phone in english to test if it works better? Probably it won’t change anything, but well, you never know.

And welcome to the forum! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hello!

Thanks for your reply :slight_smile: I tried to put the system in English but it didn’t change anything unfortunately.
Yes the address www.facebook.com is in the list. There are also many more in this list actually.
What’s really weird is that it works for Instagram but not for Facebook. It doesn’t work for YouTube either, and for YouTube it doesn’t even ask me if I want to open it in the app, it opens it in chrome directly…

If I choose the second one it does open in the facebook app. But the next time it still asks me, instead of opening it by default.

Shyrma

Good, then try reopening a link, try choosing “Always open with Facebook”, because this time it should open in the app. Does it work?

When you go in Settings→Apps and Notifications→Show all … apps, do you have twice Facebook?