Everything works fine with FP2

To give you an anecdote of how unimaginable bugs can be:

I once visited a workshop for some commercial software. At some point of the workshop, we (participants) should executed something we created with that software. It worked for everyone except for me. We looked at it, but even copy-pasting the working project and code from someone else did not help. What was the issue?

At some point, that software created an XML file with some XML comments, which look like this:

<!-- bla bla -->

(Don’t worry, you don’t have to know XML to get my point.)
As it turned out, the name of the user’s Windows account was written into one of the comments, like so:

<!-- bla bla John-->

But what if your username is “-” (dash), as it is on my PC? Then the comment looks like this:

<!-- bla bla --->

The problem is, an XML comment must not end on “--->”, because it’s syntactically incorrect. So when this (syntactically incorrect) XML file was loaded and evaluated at some point, the process failed, resulting in that error I had.

Just to give you an example why many bugs might never be found, just because nobody would ever have thought of them.

3 Likes

Alles im allem bin ich sehr zufrieden mit meinem FP2. Ich verwende es sher viel als Navi beim Wandern und Radfahren. Mich überzeugt die Möglichkeit defekte Teile einfach auszutauschen und hoffentlich (!) eines Tages Komponenten technisch aufrüsten zu können.
Wolfgang

3 Likes

Hi guys

Having FP2 for 3 months…and working fine ! :slight_smile:

Just some concerns, first seeing that Fairphone peoples are not communicating so much recently (roadmap stuck in dec2015, a bit better on the blog but not sure to see what are their next objectives ??).
Then it seems that customer support is quite weak, there is already not so many retailling shops but if the Csupport doesn t work, then it is really complicated !

1 Like

Hi folks,
I have my FP2 for 9 months now and I am pretty contented with it! Opting for the FP was definitely the right thing to do and I always would do it again.
Cheers,
Claude

1 Like