⭐ European Fairphoners Community Trip to Amsterdam 2018 (#EFCT18)

Atlas carrying the sky. And if he let go of it, Amsterdam would perish… At least, that is what they taught the children of Amsterdam in the past. FP2 old camera.

5 Likes

The Austrian fairphoners left Amsterdam. EFCT is over.

(edit) Then, In Utrecht, I happened to meet their ICE again, next to my own train home:

6 Likes

Haha, funny! Yeah, the ICE is so fast it has to stop every few miles to cool down.

6 Likes

Hi all EFCT18 Fairphoners,

I wish you all a save journey back home.
I hope you had a awsome week and I hope to see you again soon - at least at EFCT19 :wink:

Greetings from Vienna!
Werner

7 Likes

Halfway home - greetings from Köln!

Using my own cutlery instead of plastic!

9 Likes

Greetings from Frankfurt/Main. We ar now back in the train, going straight to Vienna. :slight_smile:

(Expand to see photo.)

2 Likes

Thank you all for the great week! I enjoyed it, looking forward to next year (in whichever city in Europe it will be, I heard people suggesting meeting in Vienna or Munich…)

Special thanks to @paulakreuzer for keeping track of all financial stuff behind the scenes, @Friek for taking care of the kitchen and organising a workshop, @Maria2 for being CEO for the second half of the week and @Stefan for piecing everything together into a nice schedule. And everybody else for attending of course and the occasional game of Imploding Kittens or Uno with your fellow Fairphoners!

9 Likes

Finaly being back! Thx for the cool days.

5 Likes

@Friek Free tetra-pack Tetra Pak® water in the ICE :wink:

3 Likes

Rich on waste, low on taste :stuck_out_tongue:

8 Likes

Several zero-waste refills in my McDonalds to-go cup. Exactly my kind of humour. :wink:

5 Likes

Luckily we have not visited the Apple Store this time: Apple’s Amsterdam store evacuated after iPad battery explodes

5 Likes

Hi all, a couple of sunny pictures from a current cloudy/grey Amsterdam. It was awesome to meet you and I am supper happy we got to celebrate the crowdfunding success together :raised_hand:
Hope to see you all next year,
Have a lovely day,
Monica

15 Likes

Very nice photo, very nice people. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

I really enjoyed the last week - thank you for having me, thank you @Monica.Ciovica et al. for the hospitality and the photos & I am glad to hear everyone got home safely :slight_smile:
Greetings from Noordwijk (aan Zee!)
Lars

Edit: @paulakreuzer - let me know how much I owe you guys for Alkmaar & the excellent Turkish breakfast

8 Likes

Since the memes distracted us a bit, there hasn’t been a report on the last few days of #efct18. I’ll recap them now.

Friday ended with the traditional borrel at the Fairphone office, where we celebrated the 2.5 million and had drinks, pizza and games. We started Saturday with a nice (hangover!? :see_no_evil:) Turkish brunch and then visited Amsterdam’s Royal Palace. In the evening @Friek enslaved…uhm…employed us as her sous-chefs and we made meat and non-meat burgers and fried apple-cinnamon-cigars. Very tasty! :yum: Since our food got stolen on Tuesday, @Friek put her charming persuasiveness into action and got us free breakfast at the hostel for Sunday. After that all participants that had not left on Saturday already, packed their things and went back home.

What I will remember about #efct18 are awesome sportive activities :bike: :canoe: :beach_umbrella:, new knowledge about Utrecht and Amsterdam, the Cone of Shame and a great time with old and new friends. Before #efct18 I was wondering if an EFCT every year isn’t too much, but now…how could I wait so long to see you all again? :blue_heart:

10 Likes

Hi @Friek the deo works sensationally (if you use this term in english language). I am really impressed and will try out myself your suggestions! Thanks a lot! :+1:

5 Likes

I don’t think videos fit in the photo contest, and they don’t look that great either but here are two videos which are quite funny:

Video 1: @Stefan has just lost a game of Jenga at the hostel

Video 2: @Stanzi playing with the mobility scooter at the office

4 Likes

I think these videos about me and Stefan are too embarassing for @z3ntu, so he’s probably going to leave…
20180819_174054

10 Likes

Hi @werner_noebauer , thanks again for joining #EFCT18 via Skype and your 2.0 sales suggestions. Please send me your presentation! Happy to keep you updated on related improvements. Best,

3 Likes