eSIM available after OS reinstall

Oh, that’s easy. It’s great for someone that doesn’t want to deal with physical SIM cards, but for whom a single esim is limiting. Say I live in one country but live close to another, and regularly visit family in a third. Plus I vacation in various other countries once or twice a year. Instead of switching physical SIM cards every time I leave my home country (or instead of having to acquire a new physical SIM when vacationing in other countries) I can just switch esim profiles without having to bring along any physical cards. Each of esim.me’s cards can store something like fifteen esim profiles, so it’s really just a matter of going to the right settings to switch connectivity upon arrival in another country. And for vacations in new countries, one can simply go online and purchase an esim prior to travel, so that one can be connected immediately upon crossing the border or landing without having to go to any shop to purchase a physical SIM card. Since I store my home country’s profile in the single esim slot available, I would have to ‘sacrifice’ it if I wanted to add another for a trip.

1 Like

While I can understand your general point, I’m not sure what you mean here:

The FP4 - and thus likely the FP5 as well - can certainly store more than one profile on the internal eSIM. But as expected, only one can be active at the same time. This is a limitation of the modem/antenna configuration at the very least. If you need two active eSIM profiles at the same time, something like esim.me is required.

1 Like

Ok well, my approach would be to keep my main home SIM as physiacal one and just use all others with the internal eSIM “slot”… So if this is not fitting for you, go back to eSIM . me for support.