since last FP update I got a problem of sync with an app (google contacts, ok I know ;(
I have been patient and hoped for an update fix but nothing new
I would like to see if some error logs somewhere can help me to fix the problem after having tried in vain many options, phone wise or google account wise
I tried to follow this
My linux system does not allow me to list de device. I tried again through adding a udev rule, but udev is obsolete now, systemd has taken over, and I am stuck again.
Is there a way to view specific logs attached to specific apps?
A friend recommands after having searched infinite bug possibilities to reformat the phone but I find that solution a bit harsh.
What does “My linux system does not allow me to list de device.” mean?
Does your phone appear, when you run lsusb?
udev is obsolete now, systemd has taken over
That is simply not true. udev is a part of systemd, now, yes. But it still does the autodetection of devices.
But this udev rule only solves the problem I described in the post:
If it’s not device but unauthorized you need to unlock your phone and confirm the debugging for this PC and / or restart adbd as root on your PC. (For GNU/Linux this should be adb kill-server && sudo adb start-server.)
If it doesn’t appear at all, an udev rule won’t solve your problem, I think.
If none of this does help:
Have you tried running journalctl -ef and plugging in your phone?
There could be a few interesting things in that log.
sept. 13 18:43:23 localhost.localdomain kernel: usb 3-1: new high-speed USB device number 12 using xhci_hcd
sept. 13 18:43:23 localhost.localdomain kernel: usb 3-1: New USB device found, idVendor=2ae5, idProduct=9015
sept. 13 18:43:23 localhost.localdomain kernel: usb 3-1: New USB device strings: Mfr=1, Product=2, SerialNumber=3
sept. 13 18:43:23 localhost.localdomain kernel: usb 3-1: Product: FP2
sept. 13 18:43:23 localhost.localdomain kernel: usb 3-1: Manufacturer: Fairphone
sept. 13 18:43:23 localhost.localdomain kernel: usb 3-1: SerialNumber: fbd5f66d
So, your phone gets detected.
Have you enabled USB Debugging in your phone’s settings?
I did[quote=“YtvwlD, post:4, topic:32982”]
Did you try starting adbd as root on your PC?
To give more precision the reason why I want to solve the problem of Contacts is not even to sync with the google account, this I can dispense with, but when using Contacts there are to many messages “Synchronisation de google Contacts s’est arrêt”
i installed another contact app and even disabled google contacts, but the error message nevertheless keeps reappearing, even when preventing Contacts notifications
Ok I chose the option to reset to factory setting, although it did that while reinstalling straight away Android 6.
I do not have the contact sync problem, but adb is still not recognising the phone anyway. Windows does that, so probably a problem whit mageia+fairphone, since a samsung was recognised with adb devices.