#EFCT17: European Fairphoners Community Trip to Amsterdam 2017 (31/7 - 6/8/17)

I’m afraid I won’t be in Europe next year…

Monday | Tuesday | Wednesday | Thursday | Friday | Saturday | Sunday

Taking Amsterdam tram from GVB company after brunch of last day towards central station…

4 Likes

There were much less changes than last year. :wink:

I’m afraid you’ll have to make you own meetup wherever you are then. :wink: Or you join us via video chat. :slight_smile:

I was about to post photos from the last days, but unfortunately there is no WiFi in the train and the tethering is too slow. I’ll upload them when I’m in proper WiFi.

4 Likes

I’m now playing the waiting game at the airport, was too tired to stay in Amsterdam central area.

Anyway, thank you all for this trip, it’s been awesome :grin:

Now time to get the :gb: :angel: 's sorted and organise a meet-up…

5 Likes

Our bike trip from Almere to Naarden an back. A total of about 38km. :bike:

@Stefan: thanks again for the organisation!

8 Likes

It was a pleasure to have such a great time with you all and I’m happy that I could help to make it happen! :slight_smile:

Unfortunately there is another casualty of the efct17 : I forgot my FP1 in the train when I left it at Hamburg… I hope they’ll find it. Funny side story: Just last week they had another Fairphone in the lost-and-found office and the guy at the desk had even considered buying one. :upside_down:

4 Likes

You’re determined to get an FP2 aren’t you :laughing:

3 Likes

Day 5 (Den Haag)

*In front of the parliament. F.l.t.r.: @Stefan, @friek, Marcel, @AlbertJP, @paulakreuzer, @z3ntu, @Chris_R, @Amber, @Irina_Spitznagel, @Stanzi

Can we lift it?

#efct17

Welcome to our real life test of the Fairphone 2: How much time can it stay below the sand before it dissolves?

Day 6 (Bike Tour Almere - Naarden)

Another town liberated from the iNightmare. F.l.t.r.: @paulakreuzer, @Friek, @z3ntu, @Stanzi, @AlbertJP, @iratxe, @dieguich

But the iSand is hard to defeat…

It was a hard and tiring battle. These are not corpses, they are just sleeping… :wink:

“THE NEXT FAIRPHONE WILL LAST FOR 10 YEARS!!!”

7 Likes

FYI I’ve been a Fairphone user (and hence forum user) since March 2016 but I have not been notified of any get-together until now, after the event. Am I expecting too much in hoping that there might be a way of adding myself to a “keep me posted” mailing list?

Just follow this thread. When the next efct will be announced it will be closed with a link to the announcement.

You can set the topic to “watching”. In the settings you need to turn on e-mail notifications for watched topics.

Yes, the EFCT is organized by the community and as yet there is no such mailing list. Since it is so easy to receive notifications for this topic there will probably not be one.

2 Likes

Conversations and laughs in our last night together in Amsterdam at Cafe de Ceuvel

Our dear @Stefan was really tired…how not!!..after so much work he did both organizing and during the whole week!!! Thank you very much for your great work!!

at Schipol airport…“Community awareness work” :wink:

Thank you VERY much to all of you for this great week! Once again, I come back to Bilbao with the feeling that I’m not alone, and that we are STRONG!!
…Show must go on!

11 Likes

It has been a great week with my fellow Fairphoners, and inspiring to see the initiatives for social change during the Tuesday workshops and the Fairphoners’ involvement with such initiatives.

Here are some of my photos:

Trying our newly rented bikes on Tuesday before heading into Amsterdam Noord

Fairphoners looking where to go at the NDSM-werf, where there is much to explore

@Friek and @Chris_R on a seesaw in Den Haag

@z3ntu and @Friek (again) on a swing in Naarden

The #efct17 is nearing its end as the sun sets over Amsterdam on Saturday

I’m looking forward to next year.

8 Likes

Find fairbnb’s presentations here:

Sito

Presentation Fairbnb-Fairphone_part1.pdf (3.0 MB)
Presentation Fairbnb-Fairphone_part2.pdf (1.0 MB)

Damiano

Presentation_Platform-Capitalism_part1.pdf (2.4 MB)
Presentation_Platform-Capitalism_part2.pdf (2.4 MB)

6 Likes

Next year I’ll hire an assistant… :wink:

Haha, you are the best! :muscle:

5 Likes

The #efct17 badge is here:

https://forum.fairphone.com/badges/117/efct17-participant

I just tried to find everybody who participated and is on the forum and granted 25 badges. Did I miss anyone?

6 Likes

Thanks! The golden bicycle… after reading about your very, very long tour on saturday, I think this is a good choice. :slight_smile:

8 Likes

Not wanting to blow my own trumpet, but I thought you would all like to know that today I got my overall mark back for my degree. I now have a BA (Hons) degree in International Labour and Trade Union Studies - and I achieved a First class degree mark too.

I literally do have time back in my life now that’s over. Part-time studies are very loooonnnngggg!!

Good luck everyone still studying!

13 Likes

Congratulations, @Chris_R! :blush: :tada:

4 Likes

Maybe next year the bicycles will be cleaning the air!

3 Likes